Thread: new bag

Default new bag

I just picked up a Western Mountainering Apache down bag. It is rated at +15 and weighs 2lbs. It has all the goodies like draft collar and draft block at ziper. I will test it in the next week. The material is very water resistant so I am not sure how well it will wick water away. I plan to climb in it damp and see how well I sleep outside at whatever the temp is next weekend. Unless it is very cold then I might give it a little while. I will keep you all posted.
    The guy I baught this bag from insisted I will wake up dry and the moisture will be on the outside of the bag. I am skeptical but he said I could return it if it does not perform.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Have you climbed into the bag yet wolfkiller? I have looked at that bag and the only thing that worried me was the reviews that the 59" shoulder girth is really snug.

Default Yes I have

I dont have any complaints so far. I layed in it for about 45 min in the snow in my back yard. It was 13 degrees. I was only wearing capiline long johns. First I stood outside untill I was chilled then climbed in the bag. I didnt use any pad. I warmed right up and there is plenty of room in the bag for me. Come over some evening if you want to check it out.
    This bag is sweet. It fills a big laundry size bag when lofted but packs to the size of a nerf football when compresed. I have the 6' 6".
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Think god I am not the only psycho laying around in yard in a new bag. For me it is the wiggys flexible temp sleep system. I hope this bag fills the whole gambit from sheep to winter moose and bou. I will be about a pound heavier than you for sheep though but about 55* warmer for bou. Good luck with the bag test I am looking forward to hearing your results!

Sweet! I'll call you later this week, have to bring you that waistbelt buckle anyway!

What! Did I miss a sale on hunting waist belt buckles!!! <grin>

Default Review

I slept in my new bag last weekend. I was just south of black rapids. It got down to 0 at night. I did pour some water on it before I climbed in. I let the water freeze but as the bag is very water resistant it did not soak in. I used a Thermarest pad. I slept very warm. The only down fall I have found with this bag is the price.