Thread: New Carhartt Work-Flex gear similar to Impertech?

Default New Carhartt Work-Flex gear similar to Impertech?

Just visited the Carhartt site where they have the Work-Flex pant and coat which is polyurethane coated polyester knit. I think that's what Impertech is made of. Has anyone seen this stuff in person? It looks like a pretty good alternative in coyote (carhartt brown).

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId=17656#

I'll let you know when I get my coat. I have ordered just the coat to put through the ringer this spring on my ATV. If it survives that I have confidence it will survive hunting.

I finally got the jacket. It feels very similar to Impertect. Some mild poking and prodding with the non-sharp end of a pen showed good resistance to puncturing. Only time will tell on that note.

The coat has a double row of snaps on the front with no zipper. The snaps close an inner and outer storm flap that looks to be really bomber. Unfortunately every snap is chrome, and there are chrome rivets on the pockets. The hood is removable with the same chrome snaps. The coat is lined with some sort of soft nylon. Very comfy in just a t-shirt. The XXL size is right on. I wear a XXL because of my weight and long arms. It fits well over a single fleece coat layered with a fleece vest...lots of room to spare. The sleeves have velcro inner cuffs over somewhat huge outer cuffs. The inner cuffs can be fitted very tight, but the outer cuff is somewhat unusual in design.

Time will tell on this jacket. I will wear it for spring black bear hunting, ATV'ing and most likely my goat hunt. I will keep everyone posted. The price really isn't any better than the Impertech so I don't see much advantage in the Carhartt, especially with all the bright snaps.

I bought the water proof beathable rainware that they sell and have had it over a year. Very bulletproof. I have used it at work, play and abused it to the point that I thought I had ruined it. But wash it and it looks good enough to go to town.

This stuff doesn't look breathable. Is your's the "work flex"?

OK.. new report. The Carhartt has be relegated to lumber yard duty and as a loaner jacket to guests. The fabric has turned out to be identical to Impertech, but the lack of a zipper and only having snaps makes this coat a PIA compared to the new Impertech I bought yesterday.

The HH jacket fits better and with the black snaps and zipper make it a far better hunting jacket. I also checked out the Grundens jackets that use the same material. The Grunden jackets and bibs cost roughly the same as the Impertech or Carhartt, but have less pockets and the wrist cuffs aren't nearly as good. The Grunden bibs do not have double knees like the Impertechs do either.

As a bowhunter I like the fact that the Impertech collar tucks under my chin and the sleaves are slender enough that shooting a bow with it is possible.

My only beef is that the olive green HH coat and bibs at Sportsman's Warehouse are a totally different color, even though they are labled as the same. Not really a big deal, but really poor attention to detail by HH. What more do we expect form made in China

My pick is Impertech. I'm not going to mess with the other brands anymore.