Thread: 1911 Colt God Cup re-assmbly help

Default 1911 Colt God Cup re-assmbly help

I picked up a very nice pre-70 Gold Cup today from a local shop and of course took it apart to clean all the dried grease and crud out. The gun had been shot very little but obviously needed a good cleaning. Finish is probably around 98% - a very nice gun probably from the late 50s or 60s.

I had forgotten the Gold Cups have a thing called a depressor and a very tiny little spring that fits into a hole in the sear. I can't recall how or find any information on how to get this thing back together. I tried using a slave pin through the sear and disconnect but the spring still pops out when I try and put the sear pin in and push the slave pin out.

Anybody know how to get this gun back together with the depressor spring? The rest is easy but the spring has me stumped!

THANKS!

Here is a link to an exploded view - http://www.okiegunsmithshop.com/coltgold.jpg

Maybe that will be enough of a help.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Q-Tip Diameter

I always cut a piece of Q-Tip to use as a slave

Default Finally got ti back together

I made a slave pin out of a nail and was finaly able to get the dang thing re-assemblied. It took a lot of patience and perserverance - now I recall why I didn't ever take my other GodCup apart again.

I'll remember the Q-tip stem idea - a lot handier tha nlooking for a nail of the right diamater.

Thankd for the help!