Thread: Whittier Season Launch Pass

Default Whittier Season Launch Pass

Just bought mine again for the up coming season. $120 and she said it is before tax time so just $120 even. Then she is going to mail it to me and save me a trip down.1 907 472 2327, ext 115.

Now I am also thinking of buying a book of tunnel passes, save some coin and just be quicker.

Last year the pass paid for itself by the middle of may. Not too shabby. Rest of the summer was free!

Did you ask if there have been any improvents to the launches during the off season? Man, I cannot wait to hit the water.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default No improvements yet...

Got my season pass in January when I was out on the boat. Ramps are in the same condition. AH

I wonder what happened to the East Ramp work they were supposed to do this winter.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I wonder what happened to the East Ramp work they were supposed to do this winter.

Hey D....would a season launch pass save us any money? What about the tunnel pass book as well???

M

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hittier+Launch

I PM'd Mark to see if there was any update on timeline.

Thumbs up Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by MC77 View Post
    Hey D....would a season launch pass save us any money? What about the tunnel pass book as well???

M
    Thats what I did last year. Figure we probably hit the water 12 times or so cutting the price in half.

For the launch pass, is it sticker you put on your truck or trailer? If so, then I guess I couldn't use the pass for when I launch my and then other times when I go with a buddy and he launches his boat.

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    For the launch pass, is it sticker you put on your truck or trailer? If so, then I guess I couldn't use the pass for when I launch my and then other times when I go with a buddy and he launches his boat.
    No. Your buddy is to acquire his own pass. Like any other passes.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post

Good question. When I was there in Nov. all I saw was a boat at the ramp getting worked on.

The launch pass will pay for it's self in 6 trips.
    Tunnel pass I got the 10 pass and it add up to where I saved on two trips
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    It goes on your boat trailer.

Default pass savings...

Though the launch passes are for each individual trailer you can save a few bucks per trip by purchasing a book of passes for the tunnel. It's spendy but split between a couple of guys it makes it worth while.

Then just split the book equally between the participants. If you run out check with your buddies... When every one is out pitch in for a new book... I don't believe they expire. (?)

Default Your launch pass is matched to your boat

When you buy one they take your info, Name of boat and or registration hull number. Dude is only $120. We launched every weekend but one from April 7th to June 10th. Then still went out there fishing and hit homer a few times. Plus it is nice not having to fill out the launch slip and pay. Just roll up and dump the boat.

I am also thinking about getting a book of tunnel passes. Help save some money for my passengers. Still contemplating though.

put the sticker on a little aluminum plate & use a couple of self tapping screws to hold it on the trailers switch as needed.
    tunnel tickets don't expire.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    When you buy one they take your info, Name of boat and or registration hull number. Dude is only $120.
    Too bad. I go out about half the time on my boat and half on a buddy's boat. And since he's going to be without his towing truck for 2 months this summer, I'll be doing all the towing.

Default use his boat

have him buy the launch pass, and you buy the tunnel passes. Break even and split the parking.

The launch passes are numbered and matched to your boat. Not sure how often they check but seen tickets being writtin last year for people not paying for parking in the city lot and such. The other parking lot once opened has wheel locks they can lock up your trailer if you get caught not paying-not sure if the city of Whittier could do the same thing. The above would be my suggestion since you will be doing the towing. The pass sure does save time and hassle not to mention a lot of money, after the first six trips the rest of season is free! I know the facilities and what not are not the best, but most of the people I have delt with that work for the city are nice. I like that it is close and offers good boating. When after halibut specifically we head to Homer a few times. Other than PWS is where I like to be.

Default anyone else purchase one yet?

Just wondering is all.

Default here today

called and payed over the phone on saturday and they got right on it. I just recieved today, tuesday afternoon. Will save you guys a lot of money and hassle. The pass does have a serial number so they can check the info. Anyone else taking advantage of ordering before hitting the water? Sometimes they have been closed in the past on our first couple trips to no worries now. It's coming right around the corner.

To bad thereís not a deal on the parking across the tracks, I understand itís a little steep.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Quote Originally Posted by breausaw View Post
    To bad thereís not a deal on the parking across the tracks, I understand itís a little steep.
    You can buy a seasonal permit for the big lot, too. That is what I have done in the past and will do again this year. I am not sure how many times a season you use Whittier, but it makes sense for me to pay for a season parking pass. I spend 30-40 days on the water out of Whittier. A lot of people keep their boats on a trailer in the lot for the entire season, also.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.