Thread: 6 -Pack license

Default 6 -Pack license

Any of you guys or gals looking to get your Limited OUPV , There is a class this March 15-16 in Anchorage
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Anchorage only because that's where the work is

Default 6 Pack License Class

I would like some information,all the classes I know of are week long classes,thanks.

Default Anch - Nautical School - 2 days for Inland waters.

There is two different lic. that is commonly refered to as 6-Pack. I was told 2 days at an Anch school called "Nautical something" would get you one for the rivers and just off coast.

Off Shore takes 10 days at same school and 90 days on water beyond the Boundray Line.

Both lic require your boating past to be documented at least 360days on water. You can go back to your 14th birthday - I think.

If I can be of any help let me know.

2 day class is called western rivers of alaska,it's like a 6 pack without the ocean......

Yes it is the 6-Pack inland water ways in Alaksa
    Here is the number 1-888-745-1571 it is March 15-16 I think it is a 2 day class
    When I got mine you had to have 90 days documented sea time which 30 days must have been within the last 3 years, But I heard they change that might want to call Coast Guard, The Class is $250.00

Cool I think I might have to attend this class.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    When I got mine you had to have 90 days documented sea time which 30 days must have been within the last 3 years, But I heard they change that might want to call Coast Guard, The Class is $250.00
    How was the class? Is it an all day class? How does this compare to the offshore class?
    thanks
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Wrong phone number

Called the number and the nice lady says please stop calling.

I never did double check the phone number, but Capain John Johnson who owns and operates the website and training at; www.aknauticaltraining.com shows a freshwaters class march 15-16 in anchorage if that's who you're talking about? Several of us have gotten our freshwater tickets through him and he runs a quality program.

So if the 6-Pack is for inland water ways, why would you have to have documented sea time?

Quote Originally Posted by lab man View Post
    So if the 6-Pack is for inland water ways, why would you have to have documented sea time?

Because the Coast Guard said water is water , Even it is only a lake. I took the class 5 years ago ,But I talked to Capt. John the other day. at 1-888-745-1571 or fax 1-907-745-1572 email ants@matnet.com

The class is 2 days I, Sorry never plan on taking my airboat across the sound. so I never took the off shore I think it was 8 hrs both days. Make sure you have your sea time.

The Coast Guard is now located in the Diamond mall

Remember the 6 pack license is only if you are taking up to 6 paying guest , Anything over that you need a different class license .

Because the Coast Guard said water is water , Even it is only a lake. I took the class 5 years ago ,But I talked to Capt. John the other day. at 1-888-745-1571 or fax 1-907-745-1572 email ants@matnet.com
    If all my time is on freshwater, can I still get my 6-Pack?

Yep , If you have had or have a boat all you need is documentation thats says you are the owner and you have to fill out some paper work. I lived in S.C before I moved here and I had a boat on the lakes and my time counted, Just as long as you have time in last year or 90 days whatever it is now.

My Bad on the phone number I was looking at some of my old paper work when I gave you that number ,He changed that number so tell that lady I'm sorry.

Here is the new number 1-866- 357-2678

Yes you can still get your non inspected vessel or "six pack", but with only fresh water time you will not be allowed to go outside the boundary lines of the inland waters. If you want to go outside these boundary lines you are going to have to get a near coastal endorsement and have a minimum of 90 days of near coastal time. If you are going to run a inspected vessel (more than six passengers) you need 360 days outside the inland waters or near coastal times. Getting your six pack is kind of a waste because it doesn't allow you to upgrade your license. hope this helps
    Boatless

Default Upgrade

I think you can upgrade your six pack License to a Master License but you must show time on that size of Vessel. When I got my License in 1990 the Coast Guard gave me the test for an Inland Master License rated at not more than 25 Gross Registered Tons. About a 2 years later I added the operator of Uninspected Passenger endorsement upon Coastal Water to my package. When I took the test the 6 pack required First Aid, Rules to the road, and safety The only difference on the Master Test was I had to due navigation also which was the hardest test.