Thread: Kincaid Park Archery Range, Anchorage

Default Kincaid Park Archery Range, Anchorage

Hey guys, what's the story with the archery range out in Kincaid Park in Anchorage? Is it open to the public? Or via membership only? If by membership, where does one join up at? It's fairly close to my house and I wouldn't mind spending some time out there this spring/summer.

Thanks,

Jeff

Memebership through the ABA. Contact Paige
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default when, where, how

Good Morning Mr. Gray. Can you tell us more about the range at Kincaid? Looks like I'll be there for a week in March watching Junior National Ski races. Is it a walking range? Type of targets? Hours open or available? Thanks. Never know, maybe I'll bring my bow instead of my skis.

Default It is both

It has walk through course with a quite a few targets-nice ones too. Then the main range is from 10 yards out to 80 yards with same nice targets. I shoot there about once a year, just to test bow with hunting gear on. I am not a member but would be if I shot more. It is a nice range. It is not monitored from what I have seen. Last I knew it was $50 for a year. If you are visiting river rat you will like it, bring the skiis and the bow. Sure is fun shooting out to 80 yards. There used to be member sign up forms and envelopes when going down the hill to enter the range.

Does the ABA run the course or Northwest Archers?

The ABA does, but we the name of Northwest Archers. Right now the range is closed. It's usually stays close until the snow melts and we can get back there with vehicles and clean and inspect the range.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Setting the Record Straight

Hi to all just to set the record straight. The ABA has nothing to do with the archery range at Kincade Park. I am a Range Master there and have been for three years. The range is maintained by Northwest Archers Association. We have two 14 target field ranges and one 14 target pillow range for Trad shooters, these ranges are for members only. The Static range or Practice range is open to the public. We are one of the oldest continuously operated NFAA Field Ranges. We have classes for on Saturday mornings in June and July. 10:30- 12:30 at the Practice Range and in October we have Indoor classes at the Wax Bunker by the chalet. Membership is $50.00 for a single, and $60.00 for a family. There is ABSOLUTLY NO BROADHEADS ALLOWED on any of the ranges. Be watching for our new website it is soon to be done.

On July 18-19 we are having the State Field Shoot a two day event.
    Sign up is at 8:00 the shoot starts at 9:00 both days. You can shoot one day for fun or both days for awards.

Range Master Lance - This deserves its own thread so that everyone picks up the info!

I really enjoy that range.

Are the gates ever open? I think that is what keeps most from utilizing it; the gate is always locked! Yes, just walk around, I know, but even on the weekend?

Thanks for the great range!

Taylor

-[]------->

Default archery range gates

Marc,

The gates are generally locked. Northwest Archers Assoc. members receive a combination to one of the locks so they can drive in during summer months (May - Sept), the rest of the year it is walk-in only.

Jeff

Thumbs up

My buddy and i were down there shooting one Thursday after work and we ran into a couple of people down there from NAA (I chatted with one about Bowtechs for a while). They said that Tuesdays starting at 5 PM there is a shoot that is open to the public and only cost $5. its a good way to go check out the walking course. I really enjoy shooting at thier static range and plan on heading back to do the open shoot some tuesday.