Thread: Plenty of Wolverine

Default Plenty of Wolverine

....Plenty of wolverine out there,especially on the Kenai!...
    ....We trap part time...got 3 last year; one this year...with total of 4 sets.

.....This one , with a snare, instead if the intended 330...

Very nice. Any idea on how much that wolverine weighed?

Default Kenai pen. wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Very nice. Any idea on how much that wolverine weighed?
    ......40 lbs...
    ....We're going to do a full mount on this one...it's nice and dark,too...

....Rugging 2 others....and just having one tanned(re:the 4 that I mentioned in the 1st post,the past 2 years' catch)
    ...We have a full body mt,and 2 other rugged on the wall, from previous years.

:Our main reason for posting this, is first, to connect up with/support other trappers and hearing what is going on around the state...and to let the word get out to the biologists and the public that the state -especially the Kenai wolverine population- is NOT at risk.
    There is currently talk of the Kenai being closed to wolverine.
    We are not the only people/trappers/fish and game people who hold that view.
    (I am not f&g)
    ..Thanks for posting,Matt...
    Are you a trapper?

Great wolverine! 40 pounds is a hog of one.

Default Wolverine

Beautiful animal. One of the bigger ones I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    Beautiful animal. One of the bigger ones I've seen in a while.

Thanks!...Yeah, we were really excited...

I wanted to add that we are not the only ones successfully trapping on the Kenai....Around the Seward area, alone,there were 4 other wolverine ,that we know of, trapped this season.

Beautiful wolverine, nice job

Sweet catch! Any pics of the set? I'd love to get into trapping...

Default Kenai Wolverine

I am in full agrement with Plenty of Wolverine. I am also a Kenai Mountains Trapper and last year had a take of two and matched it this year with one final check yet to come. A fourty pound wolverine is a serious trophy congratulations !!! Last year I caught a 22# and a 24# this year a 22# and a 32#. I would also be interested in your set if you wanted to share. What do you think of the Biologist in Homer offering $50 for a carcass? It seems that he is on our side what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pdickinson View Post
    I am in full agrement with Plenty of Wolverine. I am also a Kenai Mountains Trapper and last year had a take of two and matched it this year with one final check yet to come. A fourty pound wolverine is a serious trophy congratulations !!! Last year I caught a 22# and a 24# this year a 22# and a 32#. I would also be interested in your set if you wanted to share. What do you think of the Biologist in Homer offering $50 for a carcass? It seems that he is on our side what do you think?

Yes, I believe so.....I just happened to check this forum tonight before turning in, for the night....I want to go more in detail, tomorrow.
    Hey,congraduations on YOUR wolverine!!...This is the kind of feedback,also, that we were hoping for!.......Good luck with the tail-end of your season, and I will be posting tomorrow.-Good night....

Anyone looking at selling their green Wolverine hides, PM me if interested.

Default Wouldn't trust them

Pdickensen, in response to your question concerning the biologist in Homer, I wouldn't trust him. I don't personally know the man, but it seems to me that with the recent talk of shutting down the wolverine season on the Kenai, the state is looking for a reason or some excuse to do it, and they are going to find that excuse within the carcasses they are trying to buy. I have recieved the same letter from ADFG for the past three seasons. While I do believe that ADFG biologists have an important job to do, I also believe that the ADFG has a hidden agenda that is rooted in environmentalism (the green kind).

Sorry everyone....My last post saying I would be back "tomorrow" ended up being six weeks late!!-went to the Palmer gun show-then heck;all hell broke loose-

......To be brief...it's been a blur of homeschooling our 5 kids, sending off pelts, boiling out/bleaching skulls to mount(homeschool projects), thawing out/grinding meat to burger, lining out the sleds / mechanical bugs for next season...firewood, -you know how it goes...AND....and girding up and lining out my new SHEEP rifle for this Delta CUA sheep permit I drew this year...(am I stoked?!!!)......yeah....thought I'd post before the bears woke up -will busy again, then.....

-Hey, I was wrong ...that wolverine in the pic was 42 lbs...not 40-

-and; our F&G trooper here is an avid, successful and supportive hunter and trapper....he really condones that biologist's studies, inquiries, and reports....and, most of all, -his intentions.......( the one from Homer, you guys were refering to, and that I don't personally know, either....)
    -Let's let this play out, and see what happens....BUT: most of all... PLEASE....anyone, like those of you all who have done so already here and posted results on your wolverine harvest...or, even sightings!....keep them coming!!.......And...don't forget- "TAKE A KID TRAPPING".......

Man! Busy girl!! I like your last comment best," take a kid trapping".

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Man! Busy girl!! I like your last comment best," take a kid trapping".

...Hey, Yeah!!!!....