Thread: Jim Creek

Cool Jim Creek

fished Jim Creek tonight for three hours, all I caught was one King Salmon about 15 pounds. I have never seen a King in Jim Creek before, anyone else? Silvers are slowly trickling in. My buddy caught one red salmon. I think in another week it will be hot.

Default King in Jim's Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonMan
    fished Jim Creek tonight for three hours, all I caught was one King Salmon about 15 pounds. I have never seen a King in Jim Creek before, anyone else? Silvers are slowly trickling in. My buddy caught one red salmon. I think in another week it will be hot.
    Never heard of Chinook in Jim's Creek. But then, this attached photo will show what I caught out of Jim's creek surprised me too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

I'll bite....Are we talking about the same Jim's creek. Could you post a bigger picture.

Wildog,

Did you "noodle" that Cat?

Dobber

Talking Cheese Wiz

1/0 Mustad Hook, A Flasher, 6 Ounce Banana Sinker With Captain America Power Bait And Cheeze Whiz Combonation, High Tide At Jim's Creek.

Actually I Found The Image Somehwere On The Internet...

On a serious note I did see what I thought was a king in Jim Creek. The fish were already red, not blushed, but red and I can't imagine that these were silvers or reds, but as I am writing this I remember something about a very early silver caught at the Eklutna power plant. Anybody have any thoughts in this?

Default Kings in Jim Creek

Well I definately caught a red King in Jim creek. Must have been lost, headed for Eklutna or somewhere else.

Smile

So if its not asking to much, where are the best holes in the creek?

regards,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by alaskantinbender
    So if its not asking to much, where are the best holes in the creek?

regards,

Jim

Wheve ever there are a ton of people standing. In most cases the Jim Creek flats arent worth your time. The water is shallow and with vehicles crossing constantly the fish are perma-spooked. Try the mouth of Jim Creek or about 1/4 mile down river. You will see everyone wading out into the water.

Default Reds

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonMan
    Well I definately caught a red King in Jim creek. Must have been lost, headed for Eklutna or somewhere else.
    I CAUGHT SEVERAL LAST YEAR,
    AND A GIRL AT WORK CAUGHT ONE THIS YEAR.
    THERE IS A CREEK YOU CROSS JUST BEFORE THE RACEWAY THAT HAD LOTS OF REDS IN IT LAST AUGUST, JUST LOOK OFF THE BRIDGE, SO I'M SURE THERE ARE OTHER CREEKS THAT HAVE REDS IN IT AROUND THERE, MAYBE JIM'S CREEK TOO.

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...6SCknikarm.pdf

Botton right corner of page 3 may apply unless I am reading something wrong. I truely HATE the way the regs are written in AK.

Default jim creek

Just went out there last night and caught my 2 in about 45 mins of fishing and had about 10 on. (Gotta set the hook people were dragging them to shore left and right.
    pink vibrax as usuall seemed to be the majority of the catches.
    Justin
    Justin

Default Kings the great travelers

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonMan View Post
    Kings and all salmoniods will travell into new water sheds on there own slowly forming runs in them as long as the waters suite there needs. There are kings in small numbers finding there way into most Matanuska Tributaries including some suprising ones and if there given enough time they will become a strong run. Jim creek is no different.