I tried to post this link earlier, but the something happened and it got all messed up, so I will try again.
I did not want to hijack skybust's thread about where people are planning on going for duck hunting, so I decided to post a new one.
I have a friend with a 26 foot boat talked into going out for sea ducks this year. So I have a few Sea duck hunting questions for all of the experienced sea duck hunters out there.
1. What kind of areas should we be looking for to hunt? Should we be focusing on shallow coves, or open water, or something else?
2. Do we need to use sea duck or diver decoys? I have about 10 dozen puddle duck decoys, but no divers.
3. How many decoys would you recommend putting out?
4. Do I need to buy any sea duck, or diver calls?
5. Does anybody have a problem with their shotguns rusting in the salt water, even with a camo finish?
Any help you guys can provide will be appreciated.