Thread: Tika T3 22-250

Default Tika T3 22-250

i was wondering if anyone had any luck with the tika t3 varmit guns? how do they rank compared to the remington 700, ruger mark II, or ones like that?

Default Tikka

Its actually spelled Tikka. I have a T3 stainless lite in 7mm that I really like. I think that Tikka's can basically hold their own against any major rifle manufacturer today. They are owned by Beretta and parts are basically made in conjunction with Sako. Very slick action, an accuracy guarantee, and a really well put together piece. You won't be disappointed.

do you think pay $699 is too much for the tikka t3 varmit in 22-250?

That seems like a fair price for that rifle. If you're asking if I think you could find a different brand rifle that is just as good I guess thats up to you. Tikkas are pretty nice though. You might want to check out the Rugers.

I didn't like how sloppy the bolts were in the rugers.....I'm not trying to start anything, just seemed real sloppy for my preference. I ended up getting a tikka, will take it out next weekend to see how it fires.

Default just got a 300 wsm Tikka t-3 lite

Go to the store work the bolt on all three. The Tikka has the smoothest action I have ever felt. Do a search on here and try to find someone saying anything bad about the Tikka. (won't happen)

that is why I got the tikka. Couldn't find no one saying anything bad about it so what the hell, I figured everyone can't be wrong.

Default Remington 700

However, I also love my remington 700, d**m good rifle. There are millions of aftermarket parts readily available for the remingtons (not the tikka). If you plan to customize (stock, barrel, trigger) go with the remington.

nope, I don't do all that. Just buy and shoot. Got too many other hobbies to do all that.

I love my Tikka too. I just was giving an open minded opinion on it so as not to sound like a Tikka salesman. They are very nice rifles, that already have superb triggers and barrels. Thats why there aren't any aftermarket parts, they don't need any. Why buy something new if part of it you are going to toss to the curb and buy better equipment to put into it?

I will take it out next weekend. The only range I know is rabbit creek, it there a range in town or around here with a little more distance?

Mark

Birchwood Recreational Shooter's Park next to the Chugiak airport off North Birchwood Loop. They have a 300 meter range.

do you have to be a member there or can you just go and pay and shoot. I tried calling, now answer.