Thread: A good day plowing snow...

Default A good day plowing snow...

Decided I had a choice of shoveling snow off the roof or sitting down to clear the driveway a little more.. I was plowing along dreaming of Spring when I looked down the powerline and what looked like a yote. I ran in the house..Sorry I drove to the door than got off the 6x6 ran in and grabed the 17HMR walked over and he was making his way towards me. One shot behind the ear at 90 yrds

Now the rest of the story...
    I hung him in the shop while I finshed plowing about 4:00 I went in and started skinning him out. I heard my dog outside barking thought it was another moose so I peeked out the door and there was this guy standing about 50 yards from my dog , Well needless to say what the outcome was.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg   001.jpg  
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Wow! I've never made this offer to another stranger, but if need help plowing snow the next time some falls, you just let me know!

Default YEA

Fox is always on the coyotes menu right after house cat and snowshoe. Good shooting !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Plow snow and they'll come. LOL!! Your smile says it all. Great job!

Thumbs up

Great shooting Roger and that is one nice looking fox!

Default Idea

Roger ever considered putting a rifle scabbard on the snow plow? Might save time and increase your varmint take ! LOL
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Roger ever considered putting a rifle scabbard on the snow plow? Might save time and increase your varmint take ! LOL
    Nope that's the only exercise I get in the winter..Running into the house to grab guns...

It's starting to snow here again Brian M I'll give you a call
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Wow! I've never made this offer to another stranger, but if need help plowing snow the next time some falls, you just let me know!
    I don't have his luck, but I've got lots of snow for you to plow...I mean you never know..

Default .17 HMR Bullet Type

Roger,

What type of bullet (i.e., full metal jacket, v-max, jacketed soft point, or jacketed hollow point) did you use in your .17 HMR to take those two fine animals. Do you find that head shots are the way to go to do the least amount of damage to the fur? When making the shot just below the ear, how large is the margin of error for a good, clean kill? Thanks for any info.

Trystan