Thread: Scopes

Default Scopes

What types/brands scopes are people using? For my big game rifles, I only use Leopold. I was looking at a number of different predator/varmint scopes other than Leopold. Iím shooting a .17HMR (fox/yotes/lynx). Low light conditions in the interior in mid winter is a given, so looking at scopes with good light gathering abilities etc. What are you guys using?

Default Scopes

I use Lepould on about all my guns. The vari Xlll is a very good choice for a calling scope. I like a 3.5 x 10. They gather light very well and do a good job for me. Another fine scope that does not get much attention is the fixed power 6 x42mm Lepould. You can't go wrong with a Lepould.

I agree with Cas Iron, I have been buying all Leupold's for many years. Can't go wrong with their warranty, even if buying a used one. I have a 3.5-10x50 on a Remington 300 win mag, my favorite set up and have taken deer, antelope, elk, black bear, moose, caribouand wolf with this. Good luck
    Mark

Default leupold

I third the leupolds. I have a VX-II 3-9 fine cross hair on my 22-250 and every year when I check if it is sighted in it dead on. Gathers light very well. I also have 4x rimfire on my .22 wabbit slayer.

Default scopes

I like the hingher power variables for predators. I have a 6-24 on my .243 varmiter and a 5-15 on my .223. For my .17hmr I really like a 4-12. However. none are Leupold. If looking for a higher end scope, my opinion is that although, Leupold are good scopes they don't compare to Ziess for light transmission and clarity. And now, both are American made!

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I have a Leupold VXIII 1.5X5X20 30 MM tube with the Illuminated circle dot reticle on my AR clone in 6.8 SPC. I have a straight fixed 6X Weaver on my Bushmaster in 223 and a Nikon Buckmaster 3X9X40 with the BDC reticle on my 204 Ruger upper. All good scopes for their purpose.

Default Burris Full Field II

I've got a Burris Fullfield II 4.5X14 42mm on my Ruger M77 Mark II 22-250. Seems to work fine for me. They Ballistic Plex Reticle works well out to 400 yrds haven't tried 500 yrds yet though. Here is info on the scope.

Thanks for the info fellas.