Thread: Looking for info on finding fishing companions

Question Looking for info on finding fishing companions

My father-in-law has asked me to help him find some guys that would like to share expenses for a fishing trip to Alaska. He lives in Superior,Wi. Is there any web sites or does anyone have any other ideas that I could try to help him out? He is retired so the times and dates that his goes are flexible. Any help would be appreciated!! You can e-mail me or post and I will check back.
    Thanks,
    Kris

Default Companions

Kris,
    Alaska is so vast with so many different fishing opportunities it would help to have an idea of what he wanted to do and fish for. Has he been to Alaska before? Would he be by himself-other than what companions he accummulates? There is an open seat Thread on this forum where people frequently post trips that they are looking for companions on and he may find some that way, or he could post when he is coming and what he would like to do. There are people on this forum from all over so if he could identify more specifically what he wanted to do he may be able to find some help on the forum. If he is looking for recommendations on what to do I would be happy to offer suggestions on that too. If you have some more questions send me a PM and I will help as best I can.
    Greg

2nd that. If he wanted to try reds, I'd take him fishing on the kenai somewhere.

He has been to Alaska fishing before, I will ask him where and when and post back later.
    Thanks,
    Kris

Kris,

If I'm not chartering this summer which it looks unlikely I may be up for a trip. I'll be down that way this spring for some brule river steelheading hopefully the first week of April if we can get my dads crops in on time. Doing some turkey hunting after that (ne ks, and maybe WI if we draw mccoy).

Drop me a line and I'll keep ya posted if I'm guiding or not but as of right now, charter prospects are not looking good.

Dan
    dawn-dan@gci.net

Default Fairbanks & Dan

First if your father is around Fairbanks at all this summer have him give me a call if I have some extra time in June -August mid week I will take the time and take him Grayling fishing no strings attached I will need a day to relax and just have a great time fishing. 907-460 -7758 just have him leave me a voice mail I will get back to him with in a few days.

Dan if your heading to Cheese land and fishing the Brule for sure let me know. My cousin owns 80 acres and a nice Home / Cabin on it just the other side of Blue Berry Wisc. I will shoot you a PM if you need contact data and if your interested. Blake grew up fishing the darn thing nows just about every sqaure inch of it.

kristerri - Like I said if he is bouncing around Fairbanks have him give me a call would be more than willing for a day of relaxing and fishing with an almost Yooper.

Blue Moose

Kris,
    If he is interested in halibut or ling cod, we go out in PWS most weekends and many times have an extra bunk available if he wanted to chip in on the fuel. However, he could not root for the Packers as we are a Viking friendly boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMD6ZHMhK4

Ken
    Last edited by kcedar; 02-27-2008 at 17:05. Reason: ff

My father-in-law usually goes around the first two weeks in august. He does river fish and likes to go out for halibut. His phone number is 715-398-3942. His name is Gary.

Moose I am headed to WI and I am fishing the brule for steelhead again this spring. Thanks for the offer I'll keep that one in my back pocket.

Kristerri. Doesnt look like I'm charter fishing, you've got my email if something falls through with the rest of the gang I'll gladly run somewhere and beat the water.

If he want Bows he can come get one of my boats.
    He can see them at mokai.com

Isn't the first 2 weeks in August kinda late for the big Kings up in Alaska. Why wouldn't he go to BC where that is primetime?