Thread: Homer Winter Kings advice?

Default Homer Winter Kings advice?

Hi, I hope to find myself in Homer March 7-9 and am salivating at the chance to get a King(or two). Anyone have a recommendation on a Charter? Not many are doing it and I'll be solo so will have to find a boat already partially booked. Have talked with a couple Charters and e-mailed a few more. One charter guy I talked with gave the odds at 4 fishing, likely to catch 3 total. Probably on the optimistic side. Those are odds I'll take though.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Paul in Fairbanks
    Paul Holland
    Board Member Chitina Dipnetters Association
    chitinadipnetters dot com

I will be there almost the exact same dates and would also like to know what's available for fishing. I'm thinking it may be a little early yet for Halibut or king charters.

I don't have any plans for that weekend and I have been itching for some fishing. If you can't find a boat to join maybe we can find enough people on here to go fishing.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default chitina/sapper

sent you a PM

Default Winter Charter

Sounds like a deal. My freezer is empty and needs some halibut...SOON!

Default Red and White meat

Thanks for the advice/feedback. Seems there are only a few Charters running this time O'year and while they are independent it seems if I alone try to book with them, they'll just try to combine me over to another Charter with enough paying customers to make it worth their efforts to head out on the water.
    At any rate one guy I talked or e-mailed with said there were Halibut not too far out so as to be able to combine King and Halibut fishing. Small Halibut, but I have never caught Halibut so any white meat will be a thrill and culinary delight.
    So its possible, if honesty not highly likely, that I head back North(Fairbanks) with Red(and King at that) and White meat.
    Wahoo!
    Paul Holland
    Board Member Chitina Dipnetters Association
    chitinadipnetters dot com

Default Winter Kings

I may run a charter for the winter king tournament. I am unsure yet. I should know by this weekend.
    Marc Theiler