Thread: 2 Stroke mechanic

Default 2 Stroke mechanic

I have a little 16.5' Hewscraft Sea Runner with a 40 hp outboard that has been just sitting in the back yard for 3 years now with no use. I plan on getting out with it quite a bit this year so I want to bring it to someone to PM and tune it up. I called where I purchaced it from and found they are getting $114. an hour and say it will take a couple hours + parts. Is this the going rate in Anchorage? Who do you take your boat to for this type of thing?

Change the plugs, lower drive oil, add some fresh gas with a little Heet tossed in and see how it runs first.
    You may be lucky and found out the gas didnt gum up your carbs (or injectors if it is FI). Not much to tuning up a 2 stroke other than plugs.
    Tennessee

I'm a "do it yourself" guy, but if you need to take it to someone, J Kimberly services in Anchorage can fix/tune anything. Great guys to work with as well.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

AKMUD is right. J Kimberly Services (Kim) on Arctic Blvd in Anchorage is very fair and honest.
    Last edited by fishin 45; 02-19-2008 at 13:04. Reason: mis-spelling

I agree with what Snowwolfe recommends, but instead of Heat go with SEA Foam.

Default Is it a Johnson/Evinrude?

The Hewescraft sea runners are great boats. I have a 1987 Evinrude 40/35 on mine and it had sat for some time before I got it. I tried to get it running correctly before I broke down and took it to J Kimberly Services. The engine has run flawlessly since I had it serviced-had the carbs rebuilt, oil injection removed, and a few other things done to it. They'll look it over and tell you if its worth it to dump money into it and will do the work in a reasonable time frame for a fair price. Get it there asap; if you wait 'till May/June/July don't plan on using it for a while.

Tim