Thread: DM828 transportation

Default DM828 transportation

Anyone know of a transporter to hunt DM828 (koyokuk)? A friend drew the area and I told him about the flying restrictions and keeping the meat on the bone. I am wondering if anyone knows of someone that offers a transport service. We will not be trophy hunting. Strictly a meat hunt, so we aren't going to be picky.

Thank you.

Smile Koy Moose

I hunted the area last year (successfully). I looked into the transporters, but with the high cost of fuel it doesn't make sense to make this a meat hunt. I don't mean to sound like a trophy hunter but $5800 to get dropped off is pretty steep and will buy a lot of beef. I don't think there is price gouging, but many transporters have pulled out. This topic has been talked about before. You can do a search in the archives or view my previous posts. You can PM me and I'll share every detail and cost. With all that said if I have the chance to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate as this was the best Alaska hunting expirience I've had. My advice, go with him and split the costs, you'll thank me.

Try Chas. Green in Galena I think he is still going up that way. Just out of curiosity, why would your budy put in for this area for a meat hunt ? What a waist of a good tag. With all of the logistical issues sourounding that hunt he could have made it a lot easier and cheaper on himself for a meat hunt. JM.02

Default Clarification

Just to clarify, meat hunt is a short hunt in which we would spend the first 3-5 days looking for a trophy and if unsuccessful, spending the last 2 filling the tag. I am flying out of Kotz for Bou on the 13th so I have a week prior to join him.

Do you have a number for Chas. Green?