Thread: New to Bow Hunting

Default New to Bow Hunting

Just wanted to check in here on the bow hunting forum for some advice. Dusted off the bow case to check out what I have in there, because it's been awhile since I even shot it, and it was a gift from an ex. I'm headed to Fletcher's tomorrow to have it checked out and see what I "need".

The question I have: Has anyone used a Browning bow? Specifically it is a Browning Avalanche 2 model in camo. Any comments, suggestions, the good or bad? I haven't hunted with it, but plan on getting into bow hunting finally, and getting certified.

I'm sure Fletcher's will get me up to speed with all that, I just wanted to draw from all the expertise on this board to help me out as well. Thanks in advance.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

I have not personally shot any bows produced by Browning. I do have many friends that have harvested many big game animals using older and or less expensive bows. It just goes to show that if the bow is in safe working condition and through practice you are acurate with it within yours and the bows limits, it will do just fine.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Thumbs up Fletchers

Got back from Fletcher's a little while ago, and just wanted to give them a big thumbs up. Scott hooked me up with a peep sight, and D-Loop on my bow. He shot it, adjusted it, then let me go to town on the targets.

I had a blast, and all the people there were friendly. I couldn't stay long because of a dentist's appointment, but I'll be sure to frequent Fletcher's often, so I can get dialed in to get Bow Certified.

On a side note, I found out the Browning's are made, or are a version of the PSE's.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson