Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Alaskan Hunting Photo Gallery

Default Kodiak hunt ,

May 5,2008, great hunt, 375h&h, 8' sow, weather was cold all week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Whittier Black 4/25/08

Little bear, but I couldnt be choosey. Got him at the last possible minute. He has a very Nice hide though, Thick and soft. Meat is interesting, kinda like oyester. Made a 237 yard shot on him, my longest to date. dropped him pretty much right there.

Default Unit 13 Griz

Shot this boar 27 May. Approx 7'2". Measured 22" skull. Awsome blond color, awsome weather, awsome hunt.

Default PWS Black Bear

This is the wifes first Black Bear. 19 inch skull and over 6 feet.

Steve

Default First black bear

Port Chatham on Katchemak. Small, but gorgeous fur, and quite tasty after 3 days of PB&J and cup o soup. not a great pic of the bear; photographer is fired.
    Matt Drayton, Chef de Cuisine
    Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge
    www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com

Default Unit 13 blackies

Client took these two bears last week of may, one sow, in the mid 5' range and one bear that went right at 6 foot, nothing spectacualar but my first black bears in the snow, trying out some different ways of takin' pics of these things...went with the wolf/leopard/mt lion pose for kicks!

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Kuiu Black Bear

Just got home from my SE Alaska Black Bear hunt. Had a great trip, great weather, and great hunting. Hunted with Bruce Parker.

20 9/16 skull

Default POW Bear

2008 POW Black Bear. DIY.

Default PWS blackie

My first black bear from PWS....another very skinny bear! Still tasted great!

May hunt in Homer, 18 5/8" skull. Shot at him with an arrow while kneeling on the ground next to a fallen tree. Killed him at 15 feet with my 454, one shot to the head. After skinning I found the arrow had past underneath the brisket, completely missing the bear. I was downwind of the bear as he came by, there was a stiff 25 mph ( I am guessing) wind coming off the bay. I surprised him at close range after he leaving a sow with one year old cubs that he was "courting". I was on the ground with nothing between us and I was alone. Bear spray would have blown right back into my face and is not that effective on black bears anyways I am told. So I am thankful for having a gun backup for sure.

Default Peninsular Brown Bear

Last afternoon of the last day it all came toghther. Passed on a couple of others in the eight foot range an glad I did when this big guy came along. After a 35 yard shot we waited an hour an a half before picking up the trail. Forty-five minutes an 150 yards later my long awaited trophy was found. Words can't describe the feeling as I've been dreaming of bow hunting these great bear for many years.

Default Monster Brown Bear down!

Not expecting a bear of this size to come within 80 yards of my tent, shot four times with my 416 (400 grain Barnes xlc) @ 30 yards broadside. Green score on the skull was 29 inches. I can't wait to see him standing in my den. 10 feet six inches squared. Taken with Bud Willard out of Perryville.

Default This years

BowTech Pro40 Dually 72 pounds, Carbon Express Terminator arrows, Magnus SS Snuffer, 17 yards.

Solo hunting again.

Thought he was bigger. 6'2" x 5'8".

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Black Bear - Jun 08 - Video

Bit of a video... The beginning is scratchy --- then cleans up... don't give up.

Some stuff on honey burns - always asked "How do you do a honey burn". So... here's a little tongue in cheek... and hopefully it will help someone too!

Oh... and there's the last 30 seconds... the shot... the 'pose'

Enjoy - and congrats to my huntin pard... First Black Bear... 5' 4" (squared) boar.

Talking Not huge..but my first big game

I got this a few week ago but just got the pics from buddy's camera...the first night had a bear come in 5 minute after getting into the stand. It was huffing and puffing and chattering its teeth. Got some great video. Watched it for about 5 minutes and it ran up a tree next to the bait pile, then it shimmied back down and about 30 second later 2 of the cutest piles of fur came down behind it. They wandered off and I didn't see anything else that night.

The next night I went in and was in the middle of a good book and this one just moseyed in without a care in the world. Watched it for a while and decided it was good enough for me as I wasn't looking for the nanook of the north. Just a nice bear that would cook up good and look good on the wall.

Few days later, a buddy took a nice 6 footer off the same stand. Jealous?? nah, I am happy with what God gave me.

Default unit 13 reject....

9'2", 24" skull approx, 120 yards and a couple extra shots in the brush just to keep the pucker factor real!! great client from Missouri, even helped pack his bear out!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default June 11 bear

Unit 7 over bait
    Very decent boar.
    Taylor

Default PWS Black Bear

I'm a little tardy getting this posted. I got this 6'-11" boar somewhere between Whittier and Valdez, although I won't be more specific than that , sorry. Three days of rainy, yet beautiful weather, no high winds or seas. We did a good amount of spotting from the boat, which belongs to my boss Troy. He did not want to hunt one, but really wanted to take me on the hunt, which worked out fine for me . What a wonderful experience. I kept the meat, having most of it made into breakfast sausage and snack stix.
    My signature is awesome.

My first black bear, shot him 33 min after starting to hunt on the bait stand with an .06. It was fun!

Default Wife's second

What a woman! She has fired a total of 2 shots at game in two years, and killed 2 bears. This one was a total disintegration of the heart, and just enough bear that I could get him off the mountain in one trip. Hide is rubbed, and her first comment was "Great, I can have the claws!" I thank God for her every day, cause I sure don't deserve her!

It was a beautiful evening: the pictures don't do the scenery justice, but they'll have to do.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast