Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2008 Alaskan Hunting Photo Gallery

Default Daughters First black bear

My 10 year old daughter with her first black bear she took this spring in the PWS area, She used a .270 with 150gr nosler partition bullets. and made a great shot at 49 yards after a long and grueling stalk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Bull Moose

This was a team effort . Gotta thank Brian my youngest son for callling this bull into range . 450 yards and he piled right where he stood . Don't know if i could make that kind of a hit again .

Default My 2008 Island Wolf

I'm finally posting the picture of the wolf I killed in September.

I was sitting in the skiff (at low tide) in a bay; my two companions went over the ridge into the next drainage looking for bear.

I didn't want to miss the tide so I stayed put.

This female made it half way from the treeline to my position before I even saw her; single shot with my 450 Marlin put it down.

First wild wolf I've ever seen; just before I shot it looked over it's shoulder back at the treeline and it hit me "It's not alone!".... but I never saw another one.

I almost forgot to mention, Havalon knives skinned that wolf in no time
    Last edited by LuJon; 12-14-2008 at 21:46. Reason: merge posts

Due to unprecedented demand, well.... two requests; I wanted to post a little more.

We were self-guided off of Kuiu at Devil's Elbow in September.

Didn't see anything on Kuiu. Went across to Kupreanof and got two bears and this wolf between the 3 hunters.

Like previously posted, I was down near the water line at low tide with approx 200' of shore visible (near Irish Creek).

This one made it halfway before I saw it. I grabbed the Marlin 1895MXLR (open sights) and made a 100 yard shot on it. It was just before I pulled the trigger when it hit me.... This one is the first of a hunting party waiting to eat me alive !!!! Anyway, never saw another one but my heart was pumping for 3 days straight !

The next day we got stranded at low tide in a river and had an unexpected night's stay on the river by the light of a very low wet fire. It wasn't much fun; particularly at 1am when the wolves began to howl and they crossed the river just below us.....

1.5 days stranded wasn't much fun; but we made it out, no one was hurt (other than foot rot) and we got some tags filled.

KRS

A better picture of the wolf and a picture of my bear... ya the bear isn't very big but it's my first ever and I was proud to get one.
    Last edited by LuJon; 12-15-2008 at 13:18.

Default First Big Game in Alaska

Took this Bull in Unit 14A opening day. My buddy and I was looking for a Cow since I had the DM410 cow tag with me. After missing an opputunity on a good size cow my buddy spotted this guy in some heavy brush. We spent a good while judging him and making sure that he had that third brow tine before pulling the trigger. Since it was my first Moose hunt, he gladly let me pull the trigger on him. One shot in the neck with my 7MM put him in the dirt. 38" Three brows on one side and two on the other. I can't wait to do it again!

Default X-Mas Day Blacktail

Taken on Christmas Day with new Ruger M77 Mark II on Baranof Island in SE. Saw upwards of 50 deer. Most bucks still holding onto their headgear, saw a couple unicorns though. This 3x3 will finish filling the freezer for the year.

69" B&C Moose from Moose River...

Default Afognat Roosevelt Elk

First fly out hunt, thanks to Roland/SeaHawk Air and Denny H for going with me. Saw no deer or bear just elk on the 3rd day. Was 6 x 6 herd bull.

Default Couple bunnies is all

tough to find them things! Any tricks?
    <*)))><

Default my first moose

my first moose delta junction area. double fork shot at 113 yards with 30-06 with a 4.5-14.5 power bushnell scope shot at 9:30 PM

Default Pics

Some pics from this year...just getting time to post..enjoy...I did

Default And MORE

Bear from Fairbanks during bait season, moose pics x2 is a delta cow (yummy) and caribou is the haul road (bow) April
    Last edited by polaristracker; 01-18-2009 at 02:00. Reason: misspell

Default Beaver

And a beaver I trapped on the Chena (upper) solid frozen, froze during the early freeze (nice)

Default Rabbits

And some rabbits in Delta

Default Dm427 '08

'08 cow taken on Ft. Rich.

Default Blackies

Small cinamman and black bear. Only had time to bear bait this year.

Better late than never - just found my camera. The third unit I hunted last fall for a moose, and as you can see it was getting late in the year. Taken out of the Ship Creek registration hunt on November 1st. There was another bull about the same size standing right behind him about five minutes before I took this picture.

Wish the picture was better, but I was alone and a long way from home, with a lot of work ahead of me...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910