Thread: Phazer 440

Default Phazer 440

Anyone have any experience with the Phazer II in 440? I have ridden plenty of 580 Phazers, and I think they're a blast, especially with a short track. Of course, I only weigh 170#.

I saw a deal on a 440, and was wondering if anyone could comment on that engine. I am looking for something my wife and kids can drive, that would still move me in a pinch.

Default Edit

Since I can't figure out how to edit, I'll have to reply to my own thread.

When I said 580, I meant 485cc. I am beginning to doubt that there ever was a 440 phazer, unless someone dropped an Enticer motor in on a lark. I think the guy just wrote down the wrong cubage on the ad.

So how good of a deal is it? What year for what price? Thats an old sled with old technology. I know a lot of people who liked their sleds until they rode some of the new chassis and were floored by what they were missing. Give us a little more info, maybe...

It is a 96 model for $500, with under 2000 miles. It is in Fairbanks, though, and I am in Eagle River. I have a 45 minute layover in FAI this afternoon. The son thought it would work to bring it by the airport for a test ride, but the dad, who has the truck, thought it wasn't worth his trouble.

I have pretty much given up on the idea, since I would still have to transport it south somehow.

I guess for 500 its not too bad of a deal but my question would be what are you willing to spend?

Not much. I'll probably wait until next year, and pick up a beater Elan or phazer. Those are two very different sleds, but for a spare sled, I really like either one.

if you are looking for something for your wife and kids i would look for a early to mid 90's yamaha ovation 340 theres one on craigslist for $500 i have a 1995 there a quick zippy sled

I used to rock the ovation when my brother (Alaska_Lanche) was on the indy 340. Great times had on those sleds. Plus, I had electric start and he didn't!!