Thread: coyote hunting

Default coyote hunting

This will be my first time coyote hunting. I don't have anyone around that knows enough to take me or show me the ropes so I have been trying to learn on my own. The last thing I need to know is where? I have been told to head south of anchorage past girdwood and when I see some tracks, stop, go in a little and call. Can anyone give me a little more guidance. I'm not trying to shoot a bunch of these guys, just want to do it once to experience it. I'm not trying to take anyones "spot", my tour is almost up here and would really like to do it once. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

i'm also new to coyote hunting and havn't taken one yet but not from lack of effort. i've tried everywhere from Susitna River, to the palmer hay flats, to Ft. Rich and everywhere in between. I asked around and heard that Pt. McKenzie seems the place to go if you wanna kill a predator and on friday night I did call one in out there but couldn't get a shot. good luck wherever you decide to go.

where is Pt. McKenzie at? Any help would be appreciated.

take the glenn highway north. turn left on the palmer-wassila highway. then left again at knik goosebay road. Pt. McKenzie will be on your right a few miles up the road.

Sweet,

The best advice, is any where ya have sign, and the more the better. I have called where tracks are minimal and had some success, but your odds increase if your in their living room. So if ya find a predator super highway, you have good chances.

I guess my question is, is that I don't know what land is fair game and what is not authorized.

That you'll need the hunting or trapping regs for.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post
    That you'll need the hunting or trapping regs for.
    I think he was asking about private land vs. public land. The regulations do not have maps that show where it is legal to hunt, and there's a lot of private land out there.

Ah, If ya have an area in mind PM me and I'll see what I can tell ya about the area.

Didn't recognize ya Brian, ya changed your pic in the avatar. Lol

I was looking for the closest to anchorage going north or south.