Thread: Adams and Bennett Barrels?

Default Adams and Bennett Barrels?

Just wondering if anybody has any feedback about the accuracy of A&B barrel's, specically in .338 caliber?
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Default Not .338, but...

I picked up a .35 Whelen barrel a couple years back when they were offered for something like $65.00, had it put on, and it shoots fairly well, especially considering the price. The bore is a lot rougher than some, seems to foul a bit, but maybe it'll smooth out with some more shooting. We'll see. It's not bad enough that I'm contemplating pulling it!

I bought one of their blanks in 243, not the pre-threaded, pre-chambered on, but the rifled blank. Put it on an old military mauser and it SHOOTS! I have had several of their pre chambered pre-threaded barrels and none of them shoots nearly as well as this 243. Maybe because the threads match the receiver or something. But it sure works. Its groups sizes are about half that of an air guaged Douglas and a Shillen target that I have. Not bad for an $85 barrel. J.

Default Good info

Thanks for the information. I want to try a short barrel, like 19.5", on a 338 Remington mountain rifle i have. I don't want to hack up the original in case I want to go back or resell it some time down the road. I have already pondered the velocity loss, and it really doesn't concern me. I plan on shooting 250 grain bullets inside of 250 yds. Here in the mts. of north Idaho the shots are usually well under 100.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Default A & B Barrels

While I wouldn't use one of their barrels as a competition rifle tube. I have 4 rifles wearing their tubes and am well satisfied with quality for price ratio. My rifles using their barrels are; 220 Swift, 270, WIN, 338-06, and 416 Taylor. All except the 220 Swift are on commercial Mauser actions. Two of the barrels are stainless; 220 Swift, 270 Win, the others are CM.
    All shoot very well. With all, except the 220 Swift, I try to limit my shots to under 300 yds. Not because of the barrel quality, but my limited shooting ability in my old age. With the Swift I'll let it run out to 500 yds or so on varmints, even killed a couple of whitetail with it ( both under 200 yds).
    I wouldn't hesitate to use another A&B barrel or recommend one to a friend. GOOD LUCK with your project.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !