Thread: Seat help!

Default Seat help!

Ok, so I took apart my seat tonight in the process of getting it re-covered. The foam has taken on some moisture and is probably 10-15#s heavier than it should be. Any ideas on drying it out? I have tried just letting it sit in the garage exposed to the unit heater for a few days on a previous attempt but the foam is so dense it doesn't seem to dry out. I imagine putting it in an oven for a while would dry it out, but that is out of the question due to the size of the seat....

Any ideas?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Throw a peice of plywood on top of it and park your truck on it.

Default Centrifuge

Disconnect the water from your clothes washer and run it on spin cycle. You might need a counterweight to keep it from shaking your house down.

Time spent in a warm DRY environment works, it just takes a while. It usually doesn't take nearly as long with the cover off, but on some seats the smooth surface of the molded foam kind of seals the moistire in. Patience, Grasshopper.

BTW, for others wanting to recover/dry out their seats, it may be easier to wait for the drying to happen if you do it in the summer. Sometimes you can't wait for summer, but it does make the wait less painful if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

When I pulled mine off it had 30 pounds of ice frozen to it. I put it in my garage and hung it. It drained/dripped for a number of days, then I tried squeezing out the rest by sitting on it...but most of the water was gone just from hanging it like you would a moose quarter
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Thanks guys,

It has been off the machine for a couple of days now and I stood it on end in my garage. Most of the water has worked its way to the bottom and has drained out now. A gortex liner might work well to keep the thing dry in the future!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....