Thread: Ice Fishing Tournament (Homer)

Default Ice Fishing Tournament (Homer)

Just a reminder for those with the fishing bug that the Snomads out of Homer will be sponsoring their 5th annual Ice Fishing Tournament on Caribou Lake. The targeted fish are Dollies and Kokanees. They have more info on their site: homersnomads.org

If you can make it it's a lot of fun. They deep fry up some halibut as a belly warmer around noon. The proceeds from the event go towards getting legal easements into the backcountry. It's a worthwhile deal.

If you have more direct questions let me know and I'll answer what I can.

Default Who's up for some ice fishing?

Don't forget to plan on trying your luck at winning some cash/prizes while enjoying a day catching dollies and kokanees.

See there. If you don't know where "there" is I'd be happy to give instructions.

Default Large turnout for the Fun Run.

We had over 200 participants in the Fun Run last Saturday and now this Saturday is the Fundraiser Ice Fishing Tournament and Halibut Fish Fry. Come on out and try your luck and spend some time eating deepfried Halibut.

Default great turnout.

Thanks to those that made it to the tournament. 93 anglers and 108 fish caught. Weather was great and lots of deep fried halibut to warm the bellies. See you next year.

Talking

Dang, you had me at deep fried Halibut!!!
    I wish I didn't live a 3 day drive away!!!!
    Feel free to save me some, I'll be there in September.

Default Must be coming for a hunt.?

You must be coming for a hunt if you'll be here in September. Yes, hard to beat deep fried halibut especially outside on a winter day. It sure warms the belly.

Have a good trip.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsryd View Post
    You must be coming for a hunt if you'll be here in September. Yes, hard to beat deep fried halibut especially outside on a winter day. It sure warms the belly.

Have a good trip.
    I'm coming for my annual fishing trip to the Kenai/Anchor Rivers.
    Not quite so many rubes on the rivers then.
    I have done halibut a few times beer battered and fried over an open fire in my campsite in AK.
    My mouth is watering just thinking of it!!!!