Thread: kodiak lakes for goat

Default kodiak lakes for goat

I was wondering what dg area has the most lakes up high that a plane could land on. I hunted kodiak 475 once and hiked from the ocean and that was brutal. It worked out ok, but I told myself that I would start up high next time or at least beat the brush for a couple hours rather than 1 whole day. Any ideas on where to go?

Default Kingfisher

Contact Kyle or his brother at Kingfisher aviation 866-486-5155. They fly out lots of goat hunters, and they put us on an alpine lake for deer so im sure they could do the same for you. They told me they have high lakes they put goat hunters on.

Default Lakes

475 has a few lakes that you could have flown into. You must have hunted later in the season? Or flew with someone who would not fly into the lakes? Just about all the DG units have lakes that you can fly into. I would call all the charters and talk to them to see 1) Best time to access the lakes, 2) If they would fly into those lakes. I know Andrew has one pilot (Will?) that they allow to fly into the lakes. Roland with Seahawk does too.

475 has three lakes. The highest one is at about 2100 feet. The others are around 700 feet. Of course, the 2100 foot one is very popular

Would it be worth it to fly into a lake for the south road system hunt (DG478)? I'd imagine that a large percentage of people who get that permit and hunt probably do so from the road, and it looks like a large area for that specific permit, so outlying areas from the road might not get hit that hard, if any at all.