Thread: Need Feedback...shhhh!

Default Need Feedback...shhhh!

This is a secret Will be a surprise for my spouse...
    Not sure if I should post this thread here or the "Fishing".
    Was curious if anyone has gone to the Riversong Lodge on the Yentna River. I've looked at their website, www.riversonglodge.com and I have their cookbooks which are excellent. Any feedback would be appreciated. I was curious if any have gone for more than 1 night. I'm interested in the 2 night stay. The only hesitation I have is that there is a no refund policy due to weather (flying to get there). It's advised to buy traveler's ins. I'm not too worried about the fishing- good or bad, it's the entire experience that I'm after.
    Any advice or a place that you've enjoyed going to, would be appreciated.
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. --Sir Winston Churchill

Default Just curious...

Still no response? Curious as to why I've not gotten 1 reply. Should I have posted this thread in the Fishing Forum? If a Mod. could point me in the right direction to get some feedback, that'd be great. Not sure if no individual posted because they've not heard of the lodge or because it's not recommended. Thanks for your help!
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. --Sir Winston Churchill

Default Riversong

Quote Originally Posted by Lori31 View Post
    Still no response? Curious as to why I've not gotten 1 reply. Should I have posted this thread in the Fishing Forum? If a Mod. could point me in the right direction to get some feedback, that'd be great. Not sure if no individual posted because they've not heard of the lodge or because it's not recommended. Thanks for your help!
    Lori,

I have flown out of Riversong Bar on the Yentna, but have never been to the lodge. They've been there a while, and it's hard to believe they would have lasted so long if they weren't good. But I don't know.

You might check with Talaheim Lodge over on the Talachulitna too. I know the folks who own it and it's a nice place. They run helicopter fishing trips out of there.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I know the owners even before they had the lodge you are sure to get good service.
    Great food and a nice get away.
    Not sure what they have for boats and guides, email them and ask away.

Cheers

Default Thank You

Hey, thanks so much for the feedback guys. I appreciate it and I'll check out the link M.S. -lori

Oh don't worry Lori. If anyone here had a bad experience, they would not hesitate to let you know.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

Default Riversong lodge

Riversong Lodge runs a 1st class opporation.

Make sure you ask them about the best dates for your visit so you can catch the peak fishing. Like all fishing in Alaska there are dates when the fishing is really hot and there are dates when it's not! When it's hot the fishing there is world class!

Good fishing

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    The Toughest Bottoms in the Business,
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks,
    Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats,
    Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907)248-2900

Smile

This is a secret Will be a surprise for my spouse...
    Not sure if I should post this thread here or the "Fishing".
    Was curious if anyone has gone to the Riversong Lodge on the Yentna River. I've looked at their website, www.riversonglodge.com and I have their cookbooks which are excellent. Any feedback would be appreciated. I was curious if any have gone for more than 1 night. I'm interested in the 2 night stay. The only hesitation I have is that there is a no refund policy due to weather (flying to get there). It's advised to buy traveler's ins. I'm not too worried about the fishing- good or bad, it's the entire experience that I'm after.
    Any advice or a place that you've enjoyed going to, would be appreciated.

You know Lori, They arent in all the tough a plce to fly in to and although Alaskan weather can be iffy from time to time, I personally would be willing to bet you'll get to the lodge, but then I'm no insurer either! The problem is, if you are delayed due to low vis or high winds, you only are talking about a 2 day window with your plans. I can see you being delayed and missing a day of the trip, and the lodge being booked on the other end of your stay so that you can't extend and get your full time there. I've often had a 7 day trip shortened up to 6 and a half, or 5 by weather and on a longer timeframe you can more readily "suck it up" and still have a super time. In your case, you could potentially loose half you trip. I know this, if you dont plan trips in Alaska because the weather might be wrong, you wont often get out! I'd study up on the idea, maybe try for a longer stay to get better odds of having your 2 nights at the lodge, research other things to do in the are in case you are stuck due to weather overnight. And bring a good book to the Air Taxi base in case you need to hang out for a while to wait the weather out... thats an enjoyable alaskan experience in an of itself given the rigth mindset! Good luckl and have fun!