Thread: Heaters

Default Heaters

I bought a 22 Hewes Craft with a hard top and a canvas back drop. We are going to Homer for winter Kings soon. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good heater? I was lookig at the Big Buddy by Mr. Heater, will it put out enough heat?

I have the big buddy heather and love it, it fits perfect on . little step in the front of the cabin. It will fog your windows if they are closed. I keep a window cracked and it's no problem. I use a bunge to hold it in place.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thumbs up Buddy Heater

I also have one from m previous boat and set it up with a larger tank and hose to keep from keeping so many tiny propane bottles on the boat. It does work well as long as you crack a window a bit. I am installing a Toyo heater on my boat within the next month which will be a 2nd one as I already have a Wallas. If you wanna try it out, let me know. May even sell it for a deal.

Mark

I love mine and also ran a larger tank. Wal-Mart had one on clearance yesterday at mid-town. I didn't notice if it was the big one or the smaller size.

Thumbs up

I have a little buddy for my 17' hewes and it does great. I would suggest buying the hose that lets you run off of a BBQ sized propane tank at the same time as you buy your heater. Those tanks fit in a milk crate for bungee cording in the bow and are alot cheaper for heating the boat.

I need to upgrade to the big propane tank. I go through about 12 small green cans a year. That is just fishing season.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Mine is

around a 2 pound size I think. It is much smaller than a BBQ unit and much more than one of those green ones. I think it is like 10 of othe green camper ones. The tank was spendy but I really like the size. The BBQ type takes too much room.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. I bought a Big Buddy yesterday. We put the boat in a heated shop over the weekend. I mounted downriggers and rod holders. I think the boat is ready. Later this week we are going to Homer to chase winter Kings.

Default A couple of tips

I have a big buddy, and rigged with the 12' hose and regulator, or you have to use a filter. I also got a 12V cig. lighter to 6v converter at radio shack so I can run the fan off the boat batteries instead of D's. I used the keyhole mounts on he back to attach to the box in center of bulkhead and it still slides on and off. I bought a 5LB bottle for weekend trips, and have 20LB bottle for longer trips.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperbob View Post
    I have a big buddy, and rigged with the 12' hose and regulator, or you have to use a filter. I also got a 12V cig. lighter to 6v converter at radio shack so I can run the fan off the boat batteries instead of D's. I used the keyhole mounts on he back to attach to the box in center of bulkhead and it still slides on and off. I bought a 5LB bottle for weekend trips, and have 20LB bottle for longer trips.
    The 12v to 6v is a great idea. I already bought the 12' hose, I didn't want to deal with those little green bottles.