Thread: Any gun shows coming up?

Question Any gun shows coming up?

Are there any guns shows coming up in the Wasilla, Palmer, Anchorage area? If so, when?

Thanks,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Are there any guns shows coming up in the Wasilla, Palmer, Anchorage area? If so, when?

Thanks,

Tim
    I know there's one at the Palmer Fair grounds on March 29th and 30th.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Yea, and the same stuff will be there from last year.
    I swear Alaska has about the worse gun shows on the planet. It seems most people are asking more for a used rifle than what you can buy a new one for downtown.
    Used to be some reasonable buys on components but even they mostly disappeared.
    The occassional good deal can still be found but they are far and few in between.
    Just my .02's worth but if the day is slow I will probably ride out and waste my $5 entrance fee along with everyone else.
    Tennessee

Default Gun Shows in AK & elsewhere

The gun shows in Ancorage area aren't what they used to be - but the ones outside are even worse!

I was a member of the Houston, TX gun collectors for some years before I moved back up here in '01. The shows there - which peaked at about 2300 tables in the early mid 90's were absolutely great. I had a table near the front of the show for some years when they had it in the Astrohall. It was a great social event as well as buying selling and trading all sorts of guns and related items. The dealers were friendly and everyone had a good time without spending a lot of money.

They started with 2 shows a year increasing the number to three and then finally 4 shows a year to appease the Astrohall managers and the commercial dealers. Four shows a year was a big commitment to the small guys like myself who wanted to keep the same table from show to show.

Combined with the 4 yearly shows they were forced to move to the bigger nicer and more expensive new facilities built for the high dollar trade shows. Along with this was the popularity of the interent auctions where everyone tries to squeeze the last nickel out of everything they have for sale - part of this was driven by the constantly increasing table costs.

Needless to say the last show I went to down there 3 or 4 years ago was a terrific disappointment. The table count was way down, the smaller dealers were gone, and deals were few and far between. i walked out without buying anything at all - a first for me.

Haven't hit any of the other big shows like Tulsa but I bet they have gone the way of the Houston show too. Even the shows here aren't as much fun as they were even 4 or 5 years ago as other have noticed also.

The unfortunate fact is that the old gun shows were new and loved may be dying out. I went to my first show in Knoxville, TN sometime in the early 60's - don't know where the last one I go to will be but it certainly won't be the same.

Default upcoming gun shows...

...I believe there is a gun show, also, in Palmer hosted by the Elks the weekend of March 2nd.....not sure where it is though. We were planning on going-guess I better find out where it will be!

Default aksheephuntress...

Post the details when you find out would you?

I agree with what you guys are saying. I use to look forward to the spring shows and the big July show at the Sullivan arena. Last time I went there it seemed like the tables had thinned out. Gun prices aren't very good at the shows recently either. I got some $ burning a hole in my pocket and want to find a .444 or possibly a 45/70.

Tim

There's a sign in Palmer (across from the McDonald's) that says there is a gun show at the fairgrounds March 1st and 2nd. I'll probably go (like always) and wonder why I did when I leave . . .

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I try to attend all the gun shows I can. I usually enjoy them. The one at the Wasilla HS is the one I like the best, and the one at the ER Lions Club, comes in second, although it's much smaller, and the tables are more crowded.

Sometimes I wonder if the Vendors at these Alaska Gun Shows, make any money. They don't seem to be selling much stuff, and in some cases, I can see why.

I dunno if they are just trying to cover expenses, or what, but I doubt if most of them could conduct a successful garage sale.

I wonder why they don't have a Consignment Table, where people who don't have enough items to justify a table, could have a way to market their surplus at REASONABLE prices.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Gun Shows next month

According to the paper and other sources the annual Lion's Club show at Palmer is next month on the 1st & 2nd at the Palmer Fair Grounds.

The Alaska Gun Collectors have their Spring Show at the samr location on the 29th and 30th. Don't know why the 2 events are so close together.

The Eagle River Lion's Club usually has a show the week before or the week after the AK Gun Collectors show but i don't have a date on them yet.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

OK, I'm trying to member thet.

The Lions at Palmer 1st and 2nd,

The AGCs at Palmer 29th and 30th,

AND, the ER Lions somewhere in betwixt.

Letus know if you find out, and same here.

Gotta, find time for ICE fishin too.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Here's a link for more info on the Palmer show.

http://www.agca.net/gs/sprggsposter.shtml

Default Wait!!!...I just got mixed up!!....

..............the Gun Show Schedueled For March 1st And 2nd, Is Hosted By The LIONS CLUB, Not The Elks, As I Previously Posted.......sorry!!!..(i Have 5 Kids....sorry For The Mix Up....see You There!!!!!)....so There Are two Gun Shows , Not three, You Have To Plan On....

Hey, Guys...it's US... (YOU, US ,AND EVERYONE ELSE )that Make The Gun Show....don't Worry...be Happy-if You Don't Like It , It will Change, In A Few Years.....
    ...unless You're One Of Those "half -glass-full-people"....which, I Don't Think You Are....
    .....anyway....................................... .did You Hear Of That New Sako That Just Came Out ??...that Model A-7??????????
    Well, Hopefully We Will See You On March 1st Or 2nd.......take Care!!!
    ......................the Christiansen Clan......

Default gun show

Which gun show do you think will be better or bigger. I go to the Palmer shows all the time but cant remember if its the acg or lion show. The reason I ask is it seems every gun show I go to excluding (Anch. gun show) I pick up a "IT WAS A GREAT DEAL HUNNY". I dont think that is going to work this time since for xmas my "HUNNY" bought me two guns and for my birthday in the begining of feburary I picked up two guns. Sooo now that there are two gun shows in four days I cant say it was a great deal twice. HaHA

Default gun show

Gun show in Wasilla Dec 19 & 20 at the sports complex north of town 2009

Default Eagle river gun show

The eagle river lions gun show will be april 10th and 11 th

bruce m

Alaska Gun Collectors
    Spring Show
    March 26 & 27
    Raven Hall
    Alaska State Fairgrounds

agca.net

New Website