Thread: Ocean Pro owners- wagon canvas

Default Ocean Pro owners- wagon canvas

Do any of you Ocean Pro Hardtop owners or owners of other aluminum hardtops have wagon canvas on the rear fishing cockpit?
    If so, how do you like it and who made it for you?

Thumbs up Wagon Canvas or Camper Canvas

Quote Originally Posted by quakerwhacker View Post
    Do any of you Ocean Pro Hardtop owners or owners of other aluminum hardtops have wagon canvas on the rear fishing cockpit?
    If so, how do you like it and who made it for you?
    I have a Hewescraft 260 Alaskan Sea Runner Hardtop that I put full camper canvas on the rear. I really like the setup so far. The first one-third is used as an overhang during raining fishing and the last two-thirds can be put in place for overnighting or in dock. The work was done by Buster's Professional Upholstery in Anchorage and they did a great job and they are great people. I had screens made for the forward sides if I needed ventilation without bugs.

Default Bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by TooLoose View Post
    I have a Hewescraft 260 Alaskan Sea Runner Hardtop that I put full camper canvas on the rear. I really like the setup so far. The first one-third is used as an overhang during raining fishing and the last two-thirds can be put in place for overnighting or in dock. The work was done by Buster's Professional Upholstery in Anchorage and they did a great job and they are great people. I had screens made for the forward sides if I needed ventilation without bugs.
    Thanks for the input TooLoose, and I'm glad you mentioned bugs as I may not have considered that.

Ben at Silver Streak boats off Dimond BLVD did my camper top. I love it. I usually run out in the morning fully enclosed. My Mr. Buddy heater warms the entire boat no problem. It gives passengers much room to move around and stay warm. Take the sides and rear down in rainy weather to fish. No One gets wet except me when I,m landing all thier fish. Folds up to the hard top when weather is good and makes it an open boat as I have a drop canvas back instead of hard cabin door.

Default Silver Streak did mine, too.

Pushes out of the way for fishing. Sides come off, too, for fishing in the rain. Love it and Silver Streak's workmanship. Doubles the size of my boat, so folks can sleep in back, too. Not an Ocean Pro - just a 220 HT-ET.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Timely thread: can you give me a rough idea as to cost

I am thinking of having this done as well.
    Thanks, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by leahy View Post
    I am thinking of having this done as well.
    Thanks, Rob
    Busters quoted about $185 per lineal foot (from attachement forward to the stern attachment point). That includes the supports, everything. Sliders cost extra, as does more exotic materials. I had a storage top (slant back) done for my boat and his work is simply excellent.

One thing with him - He's already booked through the end of May, and it's like that every year for him.

Good luck - mine's scheduled for installation the week of 7 May.

Cheers,

SH