Thread: Air Ride Seats

Question Air Ride Seats

I am looking to upgrade my seats in my boat to make it a little more comfortable in rougher water. I am looking for a light, affordable, quality product. Any suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
    I am looking to upgrade my seats in my boat to make it a little more comfortable in rougher water. I am looking for a light, affordable, quality product. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Try this site: http://www.glyde-ryde.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
    Miller Time, let me know what you find out if you don't mind. I've got the medium duty seats that Deweys' puts in the hewescraft, and it's a fine seat if you weigh less than say 235 lbs - which I don't. I'm 6'4" 265, and I need to replace my seat this year.

Thanks,

SH

Default air rides

MT,
    I have the bentley air rides. They are very comfortable but there is some maintenance required.

Default Air Seats

Bostrom makes a self contained air ride. Many options to choose from. Samples in stock at the International Truck dealership. Just run 12volts to the seat to power the compressor that airs the seat up. Compressor is in the bottom of the seat. Not real light and not real cheap!

I've been wrestling with the same search... lightweight, but still some shock absorbtion capabilities. Most of the air rides and spring seats I've owned (actually, all of them) have been heavier than all get out. And none that have held up were inexpensive either. (not to say I haven't owned inexpensive seats though!) I had some friends recommend off-road jeep type competition suspension seats and I settled on some from Premier Racing Products (website: http://www.prpseats.com/home.html) Still not inexpensive, but about 27 lbs apiece for the reclining models I'm having put in the front, and 40 lbs for thre rear bench, slotted for 4 adults with low headrests. PRP was the best company I could find who will build a rear bench wide enough to span the rear of a boat, and they will build it any width you request... and the best part? Heated seatbacks and bottom cushions for the 2 front seats and the 4 slots on the back seat! The wife loves it! Of course, we still don't know how they will really work, the boat is still being build at the moment, but every time I unbolt and move one of those heavy suspension seats I get about fed up with the thought of all the times I've had to push them things off a gravel bar! It's probably no where close to what you're considering, but if you think the might fit your bill, let me know? I'm really close to having a large enough order to get a bit of a discount from them...

Default A picture for the "Ramblin Ravin"

This is the only pic I have of their new reclining seat, it's in wool, they make it in all their fabric/color choices. It's not a great pic, but it's the only one she sent me...

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

Check out this site they have them in all price range.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...atchallpartial

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    This is the only pic I have of their new reclining seat, it's in wool, they make it in all their fabric/color choices. It's not a great pic, but it's the only one she sent me...

Thanks Chriso -
    I really like the idea behind them and the weight - They would be practical for what I am trying to do - Now I just have to get past the sticker shock.

The real sticker shock is the shipping, outrageous