Thread: Need help with a browning blr 300 win mag

Default Need help with a browning blr 300 win mag

Gents

I am about to purchase a BLR pistol grip (lever action) in a 300 Win Mag. Not really sure of what scope will best fit this gun so that I am not banging it against my eyebrow. And I would assume because of its light weight the scope needs to be fairly recoil proof.

Thanks

Daubie

Default Scope

I have 2 BLR's. One has a Leupold VXII 2-7 and the other has a Leupold
    VXIII 1.5-5. Both work real well for the application.

I picked up a BLR in .325 wsm last summer. I ended up topping it off with a Leupold VXIII 2.5-8x, which I've been really happy with. I also received a number of suggestions regarding the VXIII 1.5-5x, but I think it really depends on the type of hunting you plan to do and personal preference. The 2.5-8x seemed to be a better fit for me and what I plan to use this rifle for. I don't think you could go wrong either way though. The Zeiss Conquest also has a great reputation.

Thanks JG yours is the second opinion that favors the 2.5x8 I will look at the Conquest by Zeiss also. By the way how do you like the BLR?

Daubie

I have a new inbox BLR for sale, 300 WM, blued steel with walnut stock, take down version with the pistol grip. $850
    Tennessee

Thumbs up very nice!

Daubie,

Love the BLR. I'm a lefty so there isn't much variety in terms of what calibers are available in southpaw boltguns... Most of my hunting rifles are levers or single shots, and the BLR is right up there among my favorites. I really liked the stainless/synthetic camo combination, as all of my other rifles are wood/blued. The action is as smooth as anything, the rifle has great balance, and the detachable box magazine makes loading/unloading convenient as well as provide the option of using pointed bullets in different calibers in a lever action. The ONLY downside to the set up I have is that the .325 WSM is pretty expensive and isn't being loaded by many of the ammo manufacturers like the 270 wsm and 300 wsm are. I don't really have the time to handload right now, so it's a bit frustrating. But then again, it's an awesome cartridge and I'm not blowing through boxes and boxes of ammo. As for the next addition to the gun safe, I'm looking at the Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker and the Tikka T3 Lite in Stainless. OK, I've rambled enough, but to answer your question, yes, I'm very impressed with the BLR and I'm quite fond of it. I really enjoyed hunting with it this past season and can't wait to take it on a trip with me in the near future. That reminds me- I need to send the rifle out to get mag-na-port'ed in the near future to tame some of the muzzle jump us 325 guys have been experiencing! Anyway, good luck picking out a scope- be sure to take your time and compare a few different brands/models. The members of this forum were really helpful in their suggestions and offered very good advice from various perspectives while I was searching for a scope during the summer. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

JG

go to sportsman warehouse today buy the burris 3x9 thats on sale take the gps that comes with it and sell on ebay u end up with he** of a good scope for about 125.00!!
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......