Thread: Does anybody

Default Does anybody

Does anybody out there use a 410 to hunt snowshoes I was wondering I don't know anybody that does but it seems like it would be fun.

Default I do

I have used a side by side 410 for those wascawy wabbits and it is the most fun I have had hunting them!

Yipper a lil single shot H&R I got back in the 70's.

Yup, but not anymore, those things are expensive

Default yes on the .410

I'm with waterwolf, I to, have a single shot H & R .410. All I can say is, "What a blast!!!".

Yup. My old Stevens 410 SXS is my favorite for snowshoes and ptarmigan. In side 30 yards, dead critter. And not a bunch of extra weight to haul on long treks.

Default Thought so

I was thinking a Remington SPR94 in the 410 and .22 would be a blast to have rabbit hunting.

Default I do

I carry a Snake charmer with me when I go out with a back pack. It is light and compact. It works well for me.

Default 28 ga.

I used to use a 28 ga. for rabbits, the 3/4 oz. load is about the same as a 3" 410 but it patterns more like a 20 ga. which is nice in case you jump a bird or two, sorry to get off subject ;0)~

I have a Whinchester 410 2 1/2 in lever action and it is fun shooting rabbts and ptarmiguns with.

Hey Badriverman is that the Winchester 9410 yor talking about. If it is I heard they shoot real nice wish I would have bought one when they were still producing them. I just checked gunbroker and they run 900 and up.

I use an H&R 20ga single shot with a 22 inch bbl. I figured the 20 ga would be good for rabbits and grouse but enough to use on ducks also. I went with single shot for the lightness of the gun when hiking up mountains for ptarmigan, and I like the challenge of single shot. The thing kicks like a mule though, harder than my 12 ga with an 18" bbl. I use #6 shot for rabbits, it seems to penetrate through thicket good and causes minimal meat damage at reasonable ranges.