Thread: Buy Michaels book

Default Buy Michaels book

After reading posts on this forum for about 2 years and thinking Michael should write a book, he did. Thanks Michael. I bought 2 and sent one to my brother in Colorado, which I know will get passed around to several of the rafters, hunter and non-hunters, in their group. We have 1 successful float trip behind us and we're plannig another. While much of the info is common sense to rafters and hunters, there is a lot to learn for novice and experienced rafters alike. I've enjoyed my evenings reading your book and want to say Thank you. Your posts on this forum are always something I look forward too and I take your advise as top quality.
    Thanks again and keep it coming.

Default Thanks for the kind words--

Quote Originally Posted by Partner View Post
    After reading posts on this forum for about 2 years and thinking Michael should write a book, he did. Thanks Michael. I bought 2 and sent one to my brother in Colorado, which I know will get passed around to several of the rafters, hunter and non-hunters, in their group. We have 1 successful float trip behind us and we're plannig another. While much of the info is common sense to rafters and hunters, there is a lot to learn for novice and experienced rafters alike. I've enjoyed my evenings reading your book and want to say Thank you. Your posts on this forum are always something I look forward too and I take your advise as top quality.
    Thanks again and keep it coming.
    Everybody appreciates a kind word, and I'm no exception. Thank you.

It seems you came in late in the game! I actually started writing it about 11-12 years ago. I believe the extra time has made it a lot better than it would have been. I like to write, but I don't think I have the skill to self-publish without an editor. My hat is off to anyone who has done so, while avoiding the spelling, grammar and structural errors so many make when they go it alone.

Also it would not be fair to take full credit to this work without acknowledging the many folks who assisted to various degrees. Most of them are named in the acknowledgments section, and I offer my sincerest apologies to those I may have unintentionally missed there.

The most satisfying part for me is in knowing you are enjoying it, and will use the information it contains.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Mikes book

I finally got the book the other week and it is wonderful! I greatly appreciate all of the work you put into it! It is very well rounded and thought out! I wanted to thank you for the info. As a novice I can use all I can get! I cant say enough nice things about it!
    I will probably email ya with other questions!

Well done!

Thanks

Default One more thought

This book is not just for float hunters, It covers so many topics of necessity to any Alaska floaters. When I first became interested in rafting I looked high and low for books that told me what I needed to know and was quite amazed at the limited offerings available. Anyone wanting to learn about planning, logistics, and preperation for any successful float trip will benifit from this book.

Default Waht is the title?

First off, thanks Mike for all the info on this forum. But I am curious as to the title of this book and can I get it in the bookstore of this site?
    Thanks again

Marc

The book is titled "Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers" It is not currently available on this site's bookstore, but you can get it either at the Sportsman Show this weekend where Mike is giving float hunting seminars, or by clicking on his website link underneath his post above.

Default Awesome

Thanks, Brian for the info!

Marc

Default Michael's book

I got it last week at Gulliver's in Fairbanks. Very good book. I recommend it to all hunters.