Thread: Video Wooldridge Super Sport Pilot

Thumbs up Video Wooldridge Super Sport Pilot

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4W4P9adkV5o
    In the video, for the load test using one engine, they have 1,585 lbs of water,gas, people and gear on board. The boat that they walk through in the video will be here for sale in Anchorage soon.

I want!

Default Etec

Anyone running an Etec? How are they on oil consumption?
    I heard they have one in a SkiDoo sno go now, a 600cc. They claim 25mpg and 1000+ miles on 1 tank of oil!!!!!!

Default Video

What no comments on the video?

Video is nice. One item I can see that would make this a better fishing boat is for the cabin door to slide open or closed.
    PITA to swing open the door when people are sitting on the deck fishing or relaxing.
    Tennessee

Default slider rear door

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Video is nice. One item I can see that would make this a better fishing boat is for the cabin door to slide open or closed.
    PITA to swing open the door when people are sitting on the deck fishing or relaxing.
    They have them and have used a few in the smaller 23ft ones. They thought for an Alaskan boat that the snow and ice may freeze the door closed if you were out on a Nov-DEC deer hunt. Nice thing about the boats is they will build it to fit your needs, just ask and you can get a slider.

I have wondered why almost all the boats I have seen with cabins have swing out doors instead of sliders. I have never given foul cold weather a thought thanks for bringing that up, anyone out there ever have this problem?

I have a slider on my Sea Sport. It has never presented a problem. Even when I make the occassional visit to her to remove the snow and ice the door is easy to open.
    Tennessee

I run a 150 e-tech on a Striper 2101. I had it programmed for synthetic oil, and it is pretty low oil consumption but not as low as I was led to believe. But I probably wouldn't buy any other. Love my e-tech.

The one in the video is pretty similar to the one that they had at the boat show earlier this year (might be the same one?). Both my wife and I were pretty impressed when we checked it out. We had pretty much decided on going fiberglass when we get to the point of buying a bigger boat, but this new Wooly has certainly caught our attention. I'll be getting a test ride for sure when the time comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Default boat show boat

Quote Originally Posted by Rod in Wasilla View Post
    The one in the video is pretty similar to the one that they had at the boat show earlier this year (might be the same one?). Both my wife and I were pretty impressed when we checked it out. We had pretty much decided on going fiberglass when we get to the point of buying a bigger boat, but this new Wooly has certainly caught our attention. I'll be getting a test ride for sure when the time comes.
    The one at the show was a 24ft, sold to a nice guy new to Ak, look for it in Whittier this year. The white 26ft one they walk through in the video arrived here Sunday. I don't know if it is at the dealer yet.

Default slider

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    I have a slider on my Sea Sport. It has never presented a problem. Even when I make the occassional visit to her to remove the snow and ice the door is easy to open.
    The slider they used had a large channel on the outside so it would get snow and ice in the track. An internal slider would be nice.

Default WB 26 pilot

I have had several pm's on this so the boat they walk you through is here in town "Anch" for sale now, and the boat in the video running on the lake is just like it power, length, beam and such, but no radar and the head has the door outside instead of inside the cabin, you SE guys should see it this summer the owner guides out of Ketchikan I believe. The boat has no trim tabs or foils on the engines for the test. I looked at the boat and those Etecs are really small compared to a Yamaha 115.