Thread: Lowa boots

Default Lowa boots

Do they fit the same as any of your other footwear? size and width? If I wear 11 order 11?
    thxs

Default Dont fit the same

if your in the anchorage area go to boot country and try a pair on. I had to where a whole size bigger because they were not wide enough.

Terry

I wear 11's in other boots, and recently purchased some sheephunters size 11 regular. They were really tight, especially with a good pair of wool socks, so I sent them back for some wides (shoebuy offers a free return). They fit real good now, and are only as wide as other regular sized boots.

I have the Lowa Civetta plastics and they are sized UK which is one size smaller than US. So make sure if you are ordering UK or US size. I ordered UK 9 cuz that's how the retailer was selling them. It says UK9 and US10 on the box. I'm not sure if the size the leather Lowas the same way but they might.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

The Lowa Sheephunter boots tend to run a tad small, i'd go a half size bigger to be safe or a full size with thicker socks.

I might be the exception here, but my Sheephunters fit the same as my normal size boot. I will say that they are a little more narrow though, which I didn't mind because I have a narrow foot and I'd rather be without the blisters If you have a wide foot, I would go with a size larger.

Default Lowa boots

Thxs for the info guys, I have had to order a wide before in my older Asolo boots.Sounds like a good chance I might want to as well with the lowa.And yes Shoebuy is the place to get some smokin deals on boots.Sometimes I feel kind of guilty tryin on a pair somewhere then ordering from someone else.

Default Boot Country-Lowa

After reading all the great things about Lowa's, I went to Boot Country to try on a pair. The closest size they had to a 10 was a 10 1/2. They were a little long on me. The lady (Linda) said she would order a 10 in both std and wide width and just put the other in stock. She said that if neither gave me a good fit, I would be returned the 25% it took to place an order w/ them. I ordered them 2 days ago and they will be here w/in 7-10 days.
    Shoebuy.com has them for 319.95, Boot Country sells them for 310.00. I couldnt believe the service I have received from them. May want to give them a try....also if you need, they have a lay-a-way at Boot Country.

KODIAK at heart, but Midwest by occupation, for now

Default Lowa's

Greenbrier,
    Don't want to step on your toes about buying them from a local shop with great service, but do a google search for "shoebuy coupons" and you can find discounts for up to 20%. Then before you finalize the order you can "become a member" and recieve another 10% off. No tax, free shipping, and free returns. Hard to beat that. I purchased my boots 2 weeks ago and paid $240. I found out about this deal from others here on the forum.

KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak Blacktails View Post
    Greenbrier,
    Don't want to step on your toes about buying them from a local shop with great service, but do a google search for "shoebuy coupons" and you can find discounts for up to 20%. Then before you finalize the order you can "become a member" and recieve another 10% off. No tax, free shipping, and free returns. Hard to beat that. I purchased my boots 2 weeks ago and paid $240. I found out about this deal from others here on the forum.

KB
    Yup, that's the deal right there. I did the same when I bought my Lowa Civettas last summer. got a 30% discount when it was all said and done.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Yup x3. Myself and another forum member got our Lowa Sheephunters for $209 at shoebuy last summer. Boot country has always been good to me in the past, but I wasn't headed to town any time soon.

Default Which Lowas

Can not decide, price is not a issue.

Lowa Tibet GTX or the Lowa Hunter GTX Extreme for Sheep hunting (Mountain hunting). Any help would be great. I have read all the archives but really can not find what people think is the best out of these 2...

If you cant try them on order them both and send back the one you dont want. The only problem is Shoebuy doesnt have wides in the Tibet should you need it.

Default Good advice

I think thats what I planned to do. Was look what everyone thought of the difference field tested