Thread: Eagle landing

Default Eagle landing

I am very new to photography, I took this with my new D40X and lens I got a couple of weeks ago. I am looking for some tips. I think this is my best photo so far. Go ahead and give any suggestions you have. I threw a second one on there from the same day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice shots Especially the action with the first one. The second is a little soft But looking good. Enjoy the new camera!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    I am very new to photography, I took this with my new D40X and lens I got a couple of weeks ago. I am looking for some tips. I think this is my best photo so far. Go ahead and give any suggestions you have. I threw a second one on there from the same day.

What were your settings? Can't seem to pull the exif...
    EricL

I was useing the auto mode, the landing pic was: ISO 320 WHITE BAL 0 SHUTTER 1/500 F 5.6 200MM lens. The eagle in the tree was: ISO 280 WHITE BAL 0 SHUTTER 1/500 F 5.6 FOCAL LENGTH 200MM, the photo was cropped and compressed to post. I have a problem with a lot of my photos turning out with a blue or grey tint, mainly blue when I upload them to my computer, they look good on the camera viewing screen. How can I correct this, I am sure this happens in AK winter lighting conditions often.