Thread: Who got draw for DG477?

Default Who got draw for DG477?

I got drawn for that area. I will apprciated any information.

Here is my post from another thread. I've hunted Kodiak twice for goats, in hunt 477 I think. We had Roland from Sea Hawk air drop us at a high mountain lake (#1651 I think is what they call the lake). It worked out great. We landed at 1800 feet so the deer were at our level and below and the goats were at our level and above. The first time we were there and hunting on Aug 20. We went early to try to have good weather. We got 2 goats the first 2 days. We saw lots of does and fawns but only 1 buck and we didn't get it.We also saw 1 bear. I think most of the bears were still down on the rivers eating fish. My buddy shot a 9 1/2" nanny who's coat wasn't great. I shot an 8 1/2" billy with a pretty good coat. Last year we went to the same place but in Oct. hoping for a better coat. The goats were farther away and we had to work much harder for them, and we only saw one deer which I shot. We saw 11 bears but didn't have problems with any. The weather sucked. We got weathered in and had to wait 6 yes SIX days for the plane to come get us. The wind was so strong it broke and ripped my high quality tents. We ended up getting a 9" nanny for my Bro in law. I could have shot one at the same time but we were a mountain away from camp and I knew it would be next to impossible to get 2 goats out from the place the we shot them. So I passed. Turns out a good thing as it snowed several inched that night and there's no way we could have got back to where they were. It sucked like no other while we were there, huddled in our broke down tent, (not to be confused with broke back mt.) for 48 straight hours, we vowed never to hunt Kodiak again in Oct. I might be a sissy, but if I ever go again, it'll be in Sept. Get the goats a little better coat than in Aug, but hopefully a little better weather than in Oct.
    I see you are from the interior, I live in Delta, if you are close we could look over some maps if you want.

Goaty, thaks for the information.

PM sent.