Thread: One Hand On Bottom Of Steering Wheel

Smile One Hand On Bottom Of Steering Wheel

(Hopefully this will save us all hundreds of hours at the boat ramp.) Put one hand on the bottom of your steering wheel, look out the two side mirrors only, move your hand in the direction you want your boat trailer to go. If your a trucker or have a camper on your truck like mine, its mirrors all the way! (I'm sure you all knew this, I was just reviewing it for those fresh from the academy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    Hopefully this will save us all hundreds of hours at the boat ramp.
    Don't count on it

Cool

Such advice could spoil all the free entertainment the boat ramps provide.

I do it just the opposite. I keep my hand on top of the wheel and steer in the direction of where I want to get away from. But then again, I'm left handed (yes, that's not a factor ) I find it's easier for me, maybe because it's a little more cramped with my hand at the bottom of the wheel.

The secret is out now. No more fun
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    I do it just the opposite. I keep my hand on top of the wheel and steer in the direction of where I want to get away from. But then again, I'm left handed (yes, that's not a factor ) I find it's easier for me, maybe because it's a little more cramped with my hand at the bottom of the wheel.
    Its easier for lefties to back up anyway because they do everything backwards all the time. JK. I am right handed and I always grab the top of the steering wheel because when I was learning to drive I learned to drive with a trailer attached.

I learned to drive going backwards!

My wife launches the boat as I hold the tag line to the boat. I dont have to steer at all.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Talking

Im with skydiver. Im left handed and put my hand on top. I have killed a few hours over the years with a cold beverage sitting at the boat launch's all over the state just laughing my butt off
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight