Thread: Trigger pull

Default Trigger pull

I am going to get a timney trigger for my Howa .338 WIN MAG and was wondering what weight trigger pull to go with? I think preset factory b/w 1-4#. I was thinking 2 or 3 but would like suggestions.
    Thank you,
    Tim

Default Trigger pull.

I think most people compromise on about 3 lbs. if they have the option. I have a few lighter than that, one a lot lighter, but I don't use the light ones in the brush a lot. Varmints only occasionally charge when wounded.
    On a .338 3 lb. would be about right for me.
    Jack.

I just got a new Timney trigger for my Howa 1500 cambered in 300 WSM. I had it set to 3lbs because this is a hunting rifle. I also ordered a new stock from Knoxx called the Axiom it has recoil reduction. The trigger was EZ to install and the custom service from Timney was first rate. Breaks like glass, a drastic improvement over the stock trigger, you should be happy with it.

Steve

I like set-triggers and have them installed on any of my rifles. I have a normal trigger on my Md 70 that is set to roughly 8 ounces.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...