Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy boat- what is yours?

Default Fantasy boat- what is yours?

Ok, here is the scenario...

Your uncle Fidel passed and left you some cash. You don't really have anything more pressing, so you decide to get that dream boat you have been- well, dreaming of.

It will be used only in AK and it will be used primarily in PWS for Exploring, fishing Halibut, salmon, and anything else that will bite, and hunting Bear, Deer, and Goats. It will need to be trailerable, be able to sleep 4 adults (not all that comfy), carry enough fuel, food, and supplies for a week or so and handle big water.

Do you go Alum, or fiberglass?

How do you equip it?

Some brands I have been thinking of are C-dory, Sea Sport, Osprey, Wooldrige, etc...

Cmon, this winter needs to end!

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by windsurferlawman View Post

Your uncle Fidel passed...Michael
    Dude...Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Default Stolcraft

Stolcraft Hull Design:d, Fast And Seaworthy
    Probably 30-32 X 12, Aluminum
    Rear Cabin Like Bowpicker, But Larger ? 11x15,
    Twin Big Yanmar Diesels, Dual Contols
    250-300 Gallon Fuel Capacity
    Plenty Of Under Deck Storage ,self Bailing Deck
    Ramp In Front Like Landing Craft.

Marine Head, Galley,dinette To Accomated 5-6 , Bunks To Sleep 6
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Quote Originally Posted by windsurferlawman View Post

Your uncle Fidel passed and left you some cash. You don't really have anything more pressing, so you decide to get that dream boat you have been- well, dreaming of.

It will be used only in AK and it will be used primarily in PWS for Exploring, fishing Halibut, salmon, and anything else that will bite, and hunting Bear, Deer, and Goats. It will need to be trailerable, be able to sleep 4 adults (not all that comfy), carry enough fuel, food, and supplies for a week or so and handle big water.

Do you go Alum, or fiberglass?

How do you equip it?

Some brands I have been thinking of are C-dory, Sea Sport, Osprey, Wooldrige, etc...

Cmon, this winter needs to end!

Michael
    I'd definitely go with aluminum-(lighter,stronger and better fuel economy).
    I've looked at North River, Alumaweld, Woolridge and Hewescraft.
    I'm leaning towrds Hewescraft. I'm a little pickier than most-but they seem to have better weld quality, they have been around for 60 years and they have good customer service. ( based on owners I have spoken with).
    I've owned fiberglass and for PWS I just don't feel that secure when it gets snotty.

...That would be my boat, a SeaSport. Three foot anchor pulpit for standing on and harpooning whales, Dinghy rack with two kayaks under it, radar, two GPS, sounders, swival helm seat, extra removeable seating over the galley, stereo speakers everywhere inside and out, covered fish deck, pot puller, kicker, BBQ, cutting board, washdown, three coolers, the list goes on and on...Its disgusting! What's really terrible is I tow it all with my big diesel with a camper on top. I am to embarrassed to use it, I think I'll just combat fish on the Russian this year.

Default lol

"Dude...Sorry to hear about your uncle"

no worries mate, he was on my mothers side!

michael

My personal dreamboat . . can handle anything PWS can throw at you . . or Korea, or Russia, or the Middle East. This show shows me finishing off that big halibut I caught last year.

[QUOTE=Myers;212107 Dinghy rack with two kayaks under it, radar, two GPS, sounders, swival helm seat, extra removeable seating over the galley, stereo speakers everywhere inside and out, covered fish deck, pot puller, BBQ, cutting board, washdown, three coolers, the list goes on and on...Its disgusting! QUOTE]

I'm thinking along these lines but a Kingfisher 3025 with a couple of Mokai in place of regular Kayaks.

Default Maybe sooner than later

Fiberglass , would be an Ocean Roamer 30 , twin D4's http://www.islandsmarinecenter.com/i...ecenter_5.html

Aluminum , Coldwater 29 , twin 300 Suzukis .http://www.coldwaterboats.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Hotel View Post
    My personal dreamboat . . can handle anything PWS can throw at you . . or Korea, or Russia, or the Middle East. This show shows me finishing off that big halibut I caught last year.

I don't know for sure, but it looks well done

Default Dream Boat

I'm definately with triple jack on the glass boat. The ocean roamer is one of the nicest sportfishers I have ever been on. I would do like Emeral says and kick it up a notch - Wham!! she is a 33ft!!
    As for options I would tell the @ IMC boys to loader her up!! With all the options they list.

Aluminum - 32ft eaglecraft twin d-6, fully pimped cabin and raymarine e series 120, auto pilot and what the hell throw in a T9.9 with TR-l autopilot, flying bridge with dingy davit, polaris aluminum rigid hull inflatable with a twenty honda.
    YAH BABY!!

How much money did your uncle Fidel leave you? How much will be left after your wife remodels the kitchen?

If you've got $280K or more to spend, then the Ocean Roamer and EagleCraft are two very nice boats. If you're looking for something smaller--say 26 or 27 feet--then the SeaSport Navigator and Osprey 26' LC are good choices in fiber glass. Less familiar with aluminum, but the Wooldrige boats seem to be very popular and well regarded. I also recently took a hard look at some North River boats, and they looked very good to me.

No tin cans or play fiberglass boats for me. Back to Maine and get myself another lobstah boat. None of those fast spinning little diesels would go in it, maybe one of the new Isuzu diesels or a Deere. Nice big diesel stove for lots of even heat & the oven for those deer roasts. A 14" pot hauler w/40gal hydraulic pump so i could pull the plug outta' the bottom. Northstar electronics package.
    BlueThunder.jpg
    DuncanBlake.jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I'm a huge Sea Sport fan and a Wooldridge fan.

But,......If I had money. I would have to go with a Blackfeather boat.

700 nm radius....Oh H*** yah!!!!

http://www.blackfeatherboats.com/

Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Default Fantasy boat

I really like Sierra Hotel's choice...although space for in-laws might be a deal-breaker. Given this is somebody else's nickel, how about a M1-44 Moose (just need a bigger truck). Actually, the wife has been making noise about a Pacific Mariner (need even a bigger truck) but I'd just as soon step on up to an 86 Nordhavn and forget the truck...but that's just me. Rest in peace Fido...er, Fidel.

I would look at (and I am) the Stabicraft 25 1/2' or 28' model. Tough boat!

If I had the time (slow going boat) and the money, I like the Nordic Tugs. Maybe around 30-40 ft.

Without a doubt, a 32' Glaciercraft with twin F350's!!!

Default My Dream boat is

Motion Marine 40 foot trailerable, there's not a spot on this boat that isnt ethier Polished diamond plate, or Powdercoated, or Rinolined.
    I would love to see the reaction when you pulled this baby into the Deep creek tractor launch!

Hull: LOA 40 feet, all aluminum welded
    Beam: 12 feet
    Draft: 4 feet, 1 inch
    Weight: 19,800 lbs
    Bottom: .250 5086 aluminum alloy
    Bottom width: 10 feet
    Bottom design: 24&#176; Straight Vee
    Bow Entry 48&#176;
    Sides: .160 5052 alloy, 46 inches
    Power Options: triple Steyr 256 HP Turbo-Diesel with
    Mercury Bravo II Diesel Out Drives
    Helms: 3 with Full Control (main, rear, Fly Bridge)
    Top Speed: 42 mph
    Cruising Speed: 30 mph @ 3200 RPM, 15 gph average
    Fuel Capacity: 375 gallons
    Water Capacity: 150 gallons

Oh yah The cost, a mere 650k
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by profishguide; 02-13-2008 at 17:03. Reason: added
    Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com

Simply said, my dream boat, Spoiled One's boat! HA HA HA HA!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast