Thread: kenai outlet

Default kenai outlet

i've heard a few guys say that they've fished the upper kenai in the winter during warm spells. i'm planning on doing just that if a warm spell ever comes along. i'll be going just to scratch the itch and get out, but was interested to see if anyone's ever caught anything.

Default yep

floated the upper kenai from the lake to sportsman's on a mild late February about 5 years ago... fishing was slow, but there were 3 of us and each landed a fish or two. A washed out bead got the most action that particular day. If you plan to float make darn sure that the river has an ice free lane from beginning to end so that you don't get yourself into trouble.
    A handful of folks fish the outlet all winter. I've seen guys out there in 5 degree weather on several occasions and it seems to be getting more and more popular each year. I think they do best in Nov, Dec, and early Jan and then fishing slows off later in the winter. It would certainly be worth a try during a warm spell like now! At the very least you'd be getting your line wet, which is nothing short of awesome in mid february.

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.