Thread: Taking A Poll

Default Taking A Poll

I'm am curious to know how much interest there would be in a pointing dog club for the interior? If there was a place to go and work with a dog how far would a owner be willing to travel? If there were birds to use in the training and the land to do it would that make the distance not as bad? Also is there anybody willing to join or make a club to help introduce the youth, women, friends ect. into the sport of upland bird hunting that would be willing to sacriface an 1 1/2 hour drive?

I would be interested in doing some training My setter needs some work before fall. I think weekend training sessions would be best that way if it is a ways out of town you could get some training in camp out let the dogs rest and tain part of the next day. just an idea. Brian

Default gun dog group

For what its worth...I am not in your area, but I believe it is a worthwhile venture. I know a few guys my friend has sold a couple Brittanies to there.
    If I can help in anyway let me know. I am in Palmer and am a member of the Arctic Bird Dog Assc. We hold AKC hunt tests which brings a few people from Fairbanks each time. So, I know they are there too. I might be able to get their names to you. If you get things going we might be able to share events and help each other out.

Thumbs up Im in

Id be interested. An hour and half drive wouldn't be so bad if there were birds at the end of the road. Keep us posted on the details.

I should note that i live in delta and my parents farm is ideal for the hunting and training grounds that can support this. like i said any questions let me know.

thanks

Default Pointing Dog Club

Would love to be a part of one...My only problem is I'm still waiting on my next GSP Pup (could be awhile). But you could count me in!

Respectfully, Kurt
    "bird-dog"

If you build it, they will come...........................

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default Pointing dog club and other dogs.

A lot of the clubs here are, like Arctic Gun Dog have some events open to other breeds or dogs that may be mixed but have the desire. That broadens the base of entries= more money for the club. Like Alaska DockDogs this past Sunday. We had GWP, Labs, bull dogs, a lab/gwp, boston bull terrier. It all meant money for the club.

I have a black lab that has only hunted grouse (and hopefully chuckars at the chuckar shoot) for the last 4 years. I dont really care for sitting in a little boat and she doesnt care as long as I hit what we're hunting.

Either Arctic or the game farm Grouse Ridge holds Womens shoots as well. I'd like to see more events with just women. I love to hunt with the guys but often end up handling the dog and not shooting. Novice women hunters and kids need to build confidence. I agree build it and they will come. Im hoping to have more time to go to more events next year. I'd drive the 6 hours to a fun event.

If you do it post it please

www.alaskadognews.com

Default sounds like a great idea

this sounds great I have a brand new brittany pup and would love to get together with some knowledgable people I have been working from books and videos but nothing substitutes for hands on knowledge

Default Update

Well everyone the chuckars are a little over 3 months old now. We shot a few this last tuesday and they are proving to be great flyers and are holding nice and tight. The sad news is that i see now i should of gotten more then i did as the interest seems to be there more than i thought so when they are gone they are gone, but i plan on getting more next year at least double. any questions let me know and for those that don't know i'm in delta. Thanks

Mike