Thread: New Funniest BOF comment

Default New Funniest BOF comment

Opening statement by BOF member in regards to the proposal to allow retention of foul hooked reds on the Kenai. "This is more appropriate at the statewide meeting." Kick the ball back to them! So funny to me because the proposal is at this meetning because at the Statewide meeting they deferred it to this one... and the world goes round, and round. (By the way, motion failed. Fish must be unintentionally snagged in the mouth to be legal.)

This got a chuckle from me, as well. "I forget the 2007 numbers, but I can remember the 2005 (Soldotna ADFG rep in referrence to catch allocation numbers in the Central District Drift fleet)" I've heard the term selective memory before....

And a board member referring to increased harvest opportunities: Central District got something, Kasilof and Kenai sport got more fishing, Northern District setnet got Chinook on the West side, extra Sockeye the first week of August, and in-river users Northern District got some studies.

Good stuff. I tried to get on the forum while I was at the meeting today and couldn't bring up this Management forum. All the other forums were showing up but the computer at the hotel did not show the management forum. Black Helecopters?!?!?!?!?!

I've had that problem before

No helicopters, you just need to make sure you are logged in.

The mgt forum is only visible to registered users!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Default real kicker

Protection told the Board that the only legal hooked fish is from the inside of the mouth out - so for those who line sockeye and the hook comes from outside into the mouth - you are illegal. Should be lots of tickets written this summer since protection said they would start to enforce this regulation. What happened to common sense?

If there is one way to insure that sport fishermen can have absolutely zero impact on the overescapement boogeyman, that is it.

Default got that right

Quote Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
    Protection told the Board that the only legal hooked fish is from the inside of the mouth out - so for those who line sockeye and the hook comes from outside into the mouth - you are illegal. Should be lots of tickets written this summer since protection said they would start to enforce this regulation. What happened to common sense?
    I see a gigantic enforcement problem with this. Heck, they just look the other way at the hordes of people giving a healthy yank at the end of each and every drift (obvious attempt to snag). That if anything is what they should be enforcing if they aren't going to allow bona fide snagging. Also, it is very possible to hook a biting fish from the outside in, too, especially with a long shanked streamer fly, so upholding a citation in court may prove very difficult and expensive. Protection's statement is pure idiocy.