Thread: Bait Barrels

Default Bait Barrels

Where can I get a metal barrel for baiting? I've seen lots internet webistes, but is there somewhere in Anchorage or Wasilla that sells barrels?

The wonder bread store has them. It is located on Spenard diagnal from Chill Koots.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default KFC?

Used to be you could get a barrel of chicken grease from KFC in Fairbanks. Don't know if the same holds true for Anchorage or not.
    You might try the petroleum bulk plants to see if they have any damaged barrels they can't sell. Also try Inlet Petroleum. If they don't have anything you can use, maybe they can give you the name of a customer that has empty barrels they are trying to get rid of. Barrels with methanol or isopropyl alcohol would clean up very easily and have virtually no residual contamination. Be sure to rinse well first as they are both flammable.
    If you are looking for a snap ring drum, try the safety supply outlets. Also Inlet may have them too.
    Last, the landfill here loves to get rid of drums or containers of food grease/oil. You might try the one in ANC also.

Default craigslist

Try there. There are usually metal and plastic barrel's forsale. Check it out. Last time I looked they were around $25 apiece.

Default Wasilla

Try the guy next to Wet Willy's in Wasilla just behind the old cottonwood creek mall on the Palmer-Wasilla Hwy. He has poly and steel barrels for sale.
    BK

Default We use Polly drums, 33 gallon I think

Use two for one bait. Easier to haul around. Got them at the car wash on Dimond just west of arctic blvd. Had all sizes, can't remember if he had metal or not. Like mentioned, craigslist will have them a lot.

Default Barrels

Try the "barrel man" in wasilla. $10 each. Hope you have better luck than I did. I only got to watch 3 different Brown bears eat 40 pounds of dog food a day. Black bears never came and all the moose are bear killed between willow and Talkeetna on the east side of the hwy.

We used to stop and look at bear tracks, now it is a major event to find a moose track. Fish and Game admit to this fact. 10 moose hunters for a week saw nothing but brown bears. Please go hunt them and tell your friends.

Just remember to bring them back out of the woods after the season.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I get my barrels at Inlet Petroleum down in the port. I buy the grease ones that have the removable top.

I get all mine from Bert ,He is behind the Target building in Wasilla. He has a small Park and Sell on the right if you are headed to Palmer but has a ton of cleaned ones
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Try the guy next to Wet Willy's in Wasilla just behind the old cottonwood creek mall on the Palmer-Wasilla Hwy. He has poly and steel barrels for sale.
    BK
    This guy has all kinds of barrels. $25 for metall 55 gallon drums. I believe he has 30 & 55 gallon metal and poly drums. Wonder bread won't part with them any more, I went there last year.

Tim