Thread: good strings for bow?

Default good strings for bow?

I think I will change my strings on my bowtech but am unshure of wich string i should get
    The ones I have on now it looks as if the servinig stretched out were it goes around the weels.
    So are most brands of string good or are some junk and should stay away from?
    Also should I go ahead and change the cables too?
    I have had same strings since bought bow about 2 years ago
    Thank for any advice

Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, United States

definatly change the cables at the same time. I have a 05 alligence and had a guy in north carolina make me a set in yellow and black for around 68 bucks shipped. His strings are called Buck Nasty strings. If you go to archery talk or really any other archery forum and do a search for buck nasty strings he will come up. They are as good as winners choice strings i think better, and a heck of alot cheaper with you being able to choose your colors, string material, serving material and alll that nice stuff. Plus he is a really good guy to work with and has fast service if he is not swamped.

Related thread on bowstings...

Vapor Trail. I haven't seem any strech in the strings I bought from them Great string and you can choose what colors you want.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I use winners choice - have heard good about vapor and nasty too...but I know winners works very well for me so I go back.

Anybody ever try zebra strings? advertisment looks good but arn't they always

Default zebra strings

Yes, Zebra strings are good. I believe that is what came on all of my Mathews bows. I since have changed to Winners Choice though and have been very happy with them.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

I've been through two sets of zebra string/cable. They worked ok, lots of creep and stretch on my setup. Bought some Buck Nasty strings. Very impressed with the string and more importantly the service. This is a one man show, and he knows his stuff. More than willing to talk you through any troubles you have, will help you in the right direction, and provides excellent post sale service. Great strings!!!!

Glendale, Arizona, United States, 104002769637127, Glendale, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by akjenks05 View Post
    I've been through two sets of zebra string/cable. They worked ok, lots of creep and stretch on my setup. Bought some Buck Nasty strings. Very impressed with the string and more importantly the service. This is a one man show, and he knows his stuff. More than willing to talk you through any troubles you have, will help you in the right direction, and provides excellent post sale service. Great strings!!!!
    Another vote for John, he does awesome job and backs it with 100000% guarantee.

follow this link to AT and his custom strings...and for zebra or cuda, I own 2 mathews bows XT, and DXT and the cuda strings are the 1st thing to come off and bucknasty's goes on.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=439879

I'm a noobie in archery but the way you aim your bow is the same as the way you aim a gun?

I replaced my factory Hoyt strings and cables with Winners Choice and have not had any stretch in them since I put them on. I would definitely change all of the cables at the same time as the string.

Default Strings...

I've used all of the above except vapor trail and I think the Winners Choice are by far the best!