Thread: Bow Fishing Success...

Default Bow Fishing Success...

My father and I took his Argo out for my first time bow fishing...I really didn't know what I was doing but had a good time...It was tough to get much footage due to the cold but I got a little....click if you don't mind seeing a pike with an arrow through its noggin'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVFwkGOneFg

VERY COOL.....ERRRRR COLD TO... HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT BUT HAVE NOT MADE IT OUT YET. MAYBE NEXT MONTH!
    CONGRATS HOW MANY DID YOU ARROW?
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

very cool, thanks for sharing!

Default Holy Cow

Freaking BRRRRRRRRR. Great footage though and loved seeing the pike with an arrow through his skull. One question though. I want to put mucic to my video and heard windows movie maker can do it. What do you use
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by AK NIMROD View Post
    HOW MANY DID YOU ARROW?
    In 3 hours:
    I Had 8 opportunities
    I took 3 shots
    I only got 1......

I think I got the bugs worked out of my system so next weekend should prove more fruitful . it sure was exciting though...

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    I want to put mucic to my video and heard windows movie maker can do it. What do you use
    I use Final Cut Express... WMM has all the capabilities to make a nice vid....I've never used it but let me know if you run into troubles...I think I have it on my work computer and I'd be happy to take a peek at it for you..

I by no means know the regs everywhere in the state but I will warn people that often it is only legal to shoot fish if you are fully submerged (scuba) so check your local regs before shooting a pike or any other fish. Ice fishing may be different as spears are legal but I never thought to use my bow through the ice. I will be reading up on that next!

On another note I have always wanted to get a set up for my bow. Any suggestions on places to go?
    River Runnin

Quote Originally Posted by River Runnin View Post
    I by no means know the regs everywhere in the state but I will warn people that often it is only legal to shoot fish if you are fully submerged (scuba) so check your local regs before shooting a pike or any other fish.
    I was concerned about that too...I checked it out and it is legal for pike....I plan on sticking a few more tomorrow...