Thread: Tsiu River / Lost Coast area-???

Default Tsiu River / Lost Coast area-???

Anyone fished for silvers out there? Timing / camping?
    I'd like to consider a trip out there in September-ish sometime, but I'm having trouble finding anyone who can give a testimonial, etc...

Any info would greatly be appreciated! Thx!

Talking

I fished the tsiu last sept. we went with wilderness outfitters. they were great and the lodge was first class. The fishing was very good. you could see the silvers coming out of the salt as they made their way upstream. fishing was very good even though the weather was way bad. got weathered in and missed my canada goose hunt. Oh well silvers were good. the silver run usally starts late Aug goes till oct, but I'm no expert
    good luck the flight from Cordova was beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by JimJimmers View Post
    Anyone fished for silvers out there? Timing / camping?
    I'd like to consider a trip out there in September-ish sometime, but I'm having trouble finding anyone who can give a testimonial, etc...

Any info would greatly be appreciated! Thx!
    1. Timing? Yes - September. In my experience, don't show up before the second week of september.

2. Camping? Yes - I've done it. No big deal. Just make sure you have some good places to tie down well. There is wind.

3. Fished out there? Yes I have. The whole area (lost coast) seems to have great silver fishing. Numerous, large fish. But the Tsiu has something like 6 lodges with a dozen clients each. I'd go somewhere else with less people; especially if you are equipped to camp.