Thread: Local component prices on the rise

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default Local component prices on the rise

Wow………..I just went to Sportsman’s Warehouse yesterday and although they have finally got a decent supply of primers and powder in stock, the prices of components seems to have taken a noticeable jump! I ran into one of the other guys from this forum (I am sorry I cant remember his name) and he said that prices were due to go up again soon. Bummer! It is obviously still cheaper to load your own as the price on factory ammo has gone up accordingly also, but……………..man I hate to see prices jump. Fortunately I have pretty well nailed down the loads I will be shooting out of my current rifles and can now stock up on bullets and powder etc.

One thing in particular that caught my eye was the price of 22 long rifle ammo. I always grab a brick of Remington 22’s when ever I am in there and about 2 weeks ago I paid $14.99, and yesterday they had gone up to $19.99. Still that is pretty affordable for 525 shots, but………….
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

It's not just local, it's all over the country. Basically if you find a cheaper price buy now, cuzz the price is going to jump the minute their supply drops and they restock. Some stuff you can't even get. One shop I frequent has had Federal large rifle primers on backorder for 11 months now from several suppliers. He simply hasn't been able to find them. Same applies for muzzleloading percussion caps in several regions of the country.

I dug into savings and dumped a couple of grand into my most-used components in the last two months. And I'm ready to spend more when hot deals pop up. I have secondhand accounts of some stores getting out of reloading altogether in the lower 48, with big discounts on remaining stock. I'll be investigating that next time I'm outside.

Default Precious Metals

In todays metal market gold and silver aren't the only precious metals. The Chinese rush on America and the worlds current supply or metalic resources has caused a drastic increase in prices of all metals. In the next 4 years China plans to build housing for 400 million citizens outside of Bejing. This is the equivalant of the housing for the entire USA; it took us over 200 years to use that much raw materials. So everything will rise accoringly.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Im almost looking at components has an investment now. im stocking up even if I dont really need it at the moment. Shoot I needed small rifle primers awhile ago and I had to wait a bit before I came across some.

Did you go to the gunshow? there wasnt a deal to be had with components or ammo.

I use Lapua/Norma brass exclusively, so I am used to high prices. I've laid in a good stash of primers as well.

Primers are in really scarce supply right now. If you see any for sale at any price, you had better stock up!

Espeicially when you use 210Ms