Thread: Question for the Leica Optics Gurus

Eagle River

Default Question for the Leica Optics Gurus

Hey guys, guessing this forum is the best location to ask this question regarding spotters. I currently own a set of Leica binos that I love and am looking to upgrade my Leupold gold ring spotter (Sheep being the prey). I have pretty much decided on a Leica spotter, but am trying to figure out if the APO version is worth the extra price? There is really nowhere in town to check them side by side. If you have any experience with these please let me know, (leica 62 televid APO and no APO) it would be appreciated. You get what you pay for in optics, but we as predators have survived a long time with less than APO light balancing or HD. Also, obviously Camerland looks to be highly recommended, any other popular websites for good deals? Thanks for imparting any knowledge you may have to a mostly silent observer.

Forum Sponsor
    New York

The two major differences with the APO is improved resolution (great for when you are using it for digiscoping) and better low light detection. At first and last light you will see a difference between an APO and non-APO. During mid day you will hardly notice t.
    Please feel free to give us a call to discuss it
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Camera Land