Thread: Boat Show purchases???

Default Boat Show purchases???

What did you buy? How was the deal?
    Have to "fess up"... went to the Show in Vancouver to look at electronics with a bunch of pre-show quotes in hand... and not alot of optimism about finding good deals. But I ended up saving a full $1000 on the following.... Raymarine C-80 package complete with Radome, fishfinder, transducer... Dickinson P9000 heater w/installation kit... and some odds n sods... For sure a worthwhile venture

So you saved that much even after your travel expenses? That sounds like a good way to go. Hope you enjoy your new toys.

Default Boat Show purchases...

21'-Grayling.... good point...
    I should have mentioned that we live in Powell River BC, which is near Vancouver, and stayed with relatives in the city. Yes, now we're anxiously waiting for the arrival of our boat... should be in Vancouver area on the week of Feb. 18... an 08 Hewescraft 220 Searunner(HT/ET)...

Default Down?

I have a friend that works for one of the dealers at the Anchors Aweigh show? When I asked how things went he said OK but sales were slow and customers tight fisted. He also heard that the Seattle show was down about 30%. I have no idea the validity of either statement, simply hear say.

With aluminum price going up and gas prices up. Sales will reflect this.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thumbs up Down a Little.

The show was definatly slow for the most part. -15 -20 deg most days did not help sales. It made a huge comback on Saturday and Sunday. Overall, I would say down about 30%.

It will all balance out as prices for used boats will remain good. Then when used boats are sold the ex owners will buy new again.
    Tennessee

Default A little birdy

A little bird told me that AMDS did not sell any boats at all. I don't think that is possible, but does anyone know of any AMDS boat sales?
    Just curious.

Default Amds

I saw a couple of their boats that had slod stickers on them, with a note saying more were available. Sales tactics???
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Quote Originally Posted by H2OMAN View Post
    A little bird told me that AMDS did not sell any boats at all. I don't think that is possible, but does anyone know of any AMDS boat sales?
    Just curious.
    I bought a C-Dory 25 ft cruiser from Dan and he told me he sold 4 other boats and I think 3 of them were C-Dorys. So far it has been great working with Dan and I am to take the boat for a test spin in a few weeks!!! Can't wait!!!!
    Don

to whoever bought the 2175 extreme shallow thanks you just saved me 32K!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    to whoever bought the 2175 extreme shallow thanks you just saved me 32K!
    I think you can thank autum for that one...lol...I have one you can buy....less than 32K!...'gently' used...lol....brand new imeller (wonder how that happened )...you're not off the hook yet...